Every Monday

brostalss

Every Monday we start another week. We get ready, drive to our respective Hubs, grab our DIAD and head to our trucks to see how our day is looking.

Every Monday the same bunch of Drivers bitch and moan about there routes because they have 20 extra stops today, too much NDA, how bad they are being treated, and how deep in the whole they went on Friday.

Every Monday at the morning PCM we learn what the flavor of the week is. Lately here it's the no sheeting a business as closed between 12 and 1 and all business savers to be delivered by 3.

Then as you are about to leave you see a utility driver taking out that guy's route because he took a day off and has less seniority then you.

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the outside air, the view from our seats as we look down on a car and see what really nice "eyes" some people have. (In most cases their cellphone in their lap. They are not fooling anybody. ) Be smooth and safe.

ups hero

I love life. I thank God for everyday I have. It gets a little old sometimes but it's what I've been blessed with. I'm truly blessed and thankful

Your 100 percent right. Optimism isn't seen much around here and I agree with you even if you are from Cleveland. Lol

jaker

trolling
Every Monday we start another week. We get ready, drive to our respective Hubs, grab our DIAD and head to our trucks to see how our day is looking.

Every Monday the same bunch of Drivers bitch and moan about there routes because they have 20 extra stops today, too much NDA, how bad they are being treated, and how deep in the whole they went on Friday.

Every Monday at the morning PCM we learn what the flavor of the week is. Lately here it's the no sheeting a business as closed between 12 and 1 and all business savers to be delivered by 3.

Then as you are about to leave you see a utility driver taking out that guy's route because he took a day off and has less seniority then you.

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy the outside air, the view from our seats as we look down on a car and see what really nice "eyes" some people have. (In most cases their cellphone in their lap. They are not fooling anybody. ) Be smooth and safe.
That sounds like you are talking about me , it was a good day off with the family

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

We call that, "Cell phone seniority", formally, ".20 cent seniority", or, "dial an over", in the days before cell phones!

InsideUPS

You know brostalss.....I completely understand how you feel at times.......just ask my wife how often she hears me bitch about either UPS or the issues I face in my own business... Please know that no matter what you do in life, there will always be times that we wish we were doing something else.

I use a variety of sayings and methods to pull me out of the "Monday" feeling syndrome...

1) The old saying... "When you're feeling poor.....count your blessings"
2) Happy to be working and not filling out unemployment papers...
3) Happy to have the health....to be able to work..
4) Fortunate to be able to provide for my family and myself.
5) Glad I'm not the guy holding that "homeless" sign at the intersections
5) And the list goes on....

UPS..just like life..... is a "mental game".... one we all must learn how to deal with...and actually embrace and appreciate. The longer I have worked at UPS....the more I have learned how to "comply" and work within the "system" of a corporation driven by Wall Street. The less energy, anger, and frustration you expend at work....will be that much more positive time you will have "off the clock"......as a wise old car-washer once taught me long ago ...."don't get mad......get even"........and by getting even....I don't mean in a vindictive way...... Work by the UPS methods...follow and learn the contract....and read and utilize the principles of the UPS Policy book..