Everyone works New Year's Eve

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We seem to talk a lot about how we are entitled to the 8 hour guarantee. Seems over 90 percent are afraid to ask for it though. Is it true that even though you volunteer for these holiday days, Saturdays and Sundays that we just worked are you still entitled to 8 hours if you request it?
Check your supplement. You technically don't have to request it ahead of time--that's a management request and past practice. As a courtesy we write 8 hours next to our name when we sign up to volunteer for a holiday, however here is the language that grants the 8 hour guarantee in my supplement:
23wlh6q.jpg

By The Book

I certainly did not volunteer to work, I opted out yet I'm told I have to come in. Did not even get a 24hour notice...I got a msg on the diad at like noon today and it said I was working and to show up at 830.
Well when you get there request 8. If they squirm and say its hours worked only say, sure thing I want my 8 and if that doesn't work for you ill take the day off. That's what you wanted anyway right? If its me in your shoes once they sent me that message my response would of been if I'm coming in have 8 hours of work for me or find someone else.

Re-Raise

Every year my center understaffs this day.

I used to work these double time days (yes, I mean double time on top of the holiday pay) but when they expect you to make commit times in four different towns at the same time it became more trouble than it was worth.

I think a lot of the senior guys at my center would gladly come in and work their own areas for 4 or 5 hours, but instead they try to combine 3 routes together and they are stuck forcing the rookies to work.

I predict more late air tomorrow even with the relaxed commit times than we had all of December.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I volunteered for tomorrow. About 25 other drivers did too in a center that has been running around 55 cars lately. Odd thing is...I just got a text from a guy who works car wash who said they just gave them a revised lineup with the entire boxline full of trucks with only 1 truck pulled in the whole line. I don't know about the other boxlines...and they might just be setting up for Friday, but then it wouldn't make much sense to put in that lineup now if they're going to have preloaders come in and load a skeleton crew tomorrow.

PT Car Washer

Every year my center understaffs this day.

I used to work these double time days (yes, I mean double time on top of the holiday pay) but when they expect you to make commit times in four different towns at the same time it became more trouble than it was worth.

I think a lot of the senior guys at my center would gladly come in and work their own areas for 4 or 5 hours, but instead they try to combine 3 routes together and they are stuck forcing the rookies to work.

I predict more late air tomorrow even with the relaxed commit times than we had all of December.
And with the combined routes PAS can not keep it straight. The preload will load your trucks in such a way that if you followed EDD you would be driving from one town to another town and back again to the first town. The system can not adjust to Holiday routes. Fine if you are a split driver and can set up your stops and run them blind.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And with the combined routes PAS can not keep it straight. The preload will load your trucks in such a way that if you followed EDD you would be driving from one town to another town and back again to the first town. The system can not adjust to Holiday routes. Fine if you are a split driver and can set up your stops and run them blind.
Just practice for Orion...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For the amount of money they spend on these systems you'd think they would be smarter than a dumb old truck driver at least.

PT Car Washer

I haven't heard any sup tell anyone to follow EDD in well over a year. Some sups try to get you to follow orion on some routes though.
I guess I was thinking of a PT preload sup that when I complained about having three towns all jumbled together (but in perfect sequence by PAS). Totally clueless.