watdaflock?

Work preload six hours on Saturday, paying us time and a half, which is all Monday work. Today (Monday) we work under four hours.

Please share with us, other dumb decisions by management, during peak at your Customer Center/hub.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The dumbness is year round.
proxy-4.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can't handle the volume, that's why people ate working Saturday. Our buildings aren't big enough and we don't have enough vehicles.
Exactly. What if because of not working Saturday you work 10 hours Monday to process the volume. Plus some of it gets rolled Monday so you work 10 more Tuesday. Then again Wednesday...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Work preload six hours on Saturday, paying us time and a half, which is all Monday work. Today (Monday) we work under four hours.

Please share with us, other dumb decisions by management, during peak at your Customer Center/hub.

if they hadn't and the volume had come in heavy, would you make a thread saying how dumb they were for not running more on saturday?

The dumbness is year round.
View attachment 169897

hey that guy looks like he likes maps, let's make him a PDS

brownIEman

if they hadn't and the volume had come in heavy, would you make a thread saying how dumb they were for not running more on saturday?

I'm going to respond even though I'm pretty sure you knew the answer.

Yes, yes he would.

hey that guy looks like he likes maps, let's make him a PDS

That sounds like the perfect fit as soon as he's done with his special assigned on the ORION deployment team.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We worked Saturday to lighten the load for today and tomorrow. Only problem was we were supposed to have 6 loads advanced----only 2 showed up----so we all went out really light.

We are working 12/16 but as of now are not working 12/23.

Johney

We worked Saturday to lighten the load for today and tomorrow. Only problem was we were supposed to have 6 loads advanced----only 2 showed up----so we all went out really light.

We are working 12/16 but as of now are not working 12/23.
That's the difference between the BOG and the real world. In the real world they would have done massive car cuts, buried everyone else and sent all the peak help home.

brownIEman

That's the difference between the BOG and the real world. In the real world they would have done massive car cuts, buried everyone else and sent all the peak help home.

Hell to the no. Maybe in the BOS (bubble of stupidity). Get a light day two weeks before Christmas? Run fat and save those hours so you'll have then when you need them.

Well, that is if you can rely on your drivers to bring it in if you run fat and send them out light. If most of your drivers are of the "hey it's light nows my chance to screw Brown by dragging my feet and burning up my hours anyway" mindset, then yes, do what you describe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PDS told us that he had to choose between making massive cuts or sending us all out as is. They even let us use our helpers. I picked my helper up at 0830 and dropped him off at 1230 after we delivered everything on the car. Made a sweep of my pickups----am currently on lunch-----will make another sweep and then will let them know that I can help if needed before closing them out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hell to the no. Maybe in the BOS (bubble of stupidity). Get a light day two weeks before Christmas? Run fast and save those hours so you'll have then when you need them.

Well, that is if you can rely on your drivers to bring it in if you run fat and send them out light. If most of your drivers are of the "hey it's light nows my chance to screw Brown by dragging my feet and burning up my hours anyway" mindset, then yes, do what you describe.

For the most part the guys will bring it in-----my problem is I have to close out the UPS Store and there is no way that I can do that at 2 pm.