Exception Air Driver pay rate

I signed up for and won a part-time exception air driver job. I'm already a part-time insider who's pay rate is much more than the air driver starting rate. After signing the intent list and before classes started I asked a couple people (HR, Full time driver sup) if I'd be able to keep my inside rate while doing exception air and they both claimed I would. Well, on second day of class I find out I would not be able to use my inside rate and I'd have to start over in the progression. I talked to a union steward yesterday and he seemed to think I'd be able to use whichever one is higher but he's in the process of finding an answer to this. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

I signed up for and won a part-time exception air driver job. I'm already a part-time insider who's pay rate is much more than the air driver starting rate. After signing the intent list and before classes started I asked a couple people (HR, Full time driver sup) if I'd be able to keep my inside rate while doing exception air and they both claimed I would. Well, on second day of class I find out I would not be able to use my inside rate and I'd have to start over in the progression. I talked to a union steward yesterday and he seemed to think I'd be able to use whichever one is higher but he's in the process of finding an answer to this. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?
You should be red circled.

Right @Bubblehead ?

At least make is so a full time driver can bid on a 22.3 air combo and not have to go through air progression. Damn hoffa get with it
Hold on. If I took a combo job I wouldn't have to go through progression again. But at the same time, unless I was a complete p* and couldn't finish out my career as a driver, I would never do it. I want to make the most for going to work, not the least.

Tony Q

Exception air driving is other work. This language in article 40 also superciedes any other language. If you want to do air exception, its a different rate of pay. You can just work inside for the other rate of pay and not do this extra work. If you want the extra work, well it looks like you are going to have to go through the air progression.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hold on. If I took a combo job I wouldn't have to go through progression again. But at the same time, unless I was a complete p* and couldn't finish out my career as a driver, I would never do it. I want to make the most for going to work, not the least.
If you have gone through progression as a driver ,you don't have to enter progression again