Excessive overtime fix (pipedream)

some1else

So as i was out delivering flowers, teddybears, and sherryberries last night i had an epiphany!! If any residential package not attempted by 730pm was to be considered missed (like business after 5) maybe i wouldnt be out so late anymore.

Lets be honest the last box of flowers i dropped off at 907pm wasnt really delivered to that lady on valentines day! Middle of the night more like it.

My second proposal is a second paid 10 minute break after 10 hours. If your on road 12 hours i need a lunch break and a dinner break for cryin out loud

First 10 minute at 1030
lunch 1:00
by 930 i really need a snack ;)

Indecisi0n

I was delivering flowers to businesses until 4:50pm because they couldn't give me business help. Half of the businesses I delivered to the people had already gone home for the day. Talk about a bumper for the wives when they get home and got nothing that entire day. People are going to be pissed but UPS could careless.

I was delivering flowers to businesses until 4:50pm because they couldn't give me business help. Half of the businesses I delivered to the people had already gone home for the day. Talk about a bumper for the wives when they get home and got nothing that entire day. People are going to be pissed but UPS could careless.

Pissed wives? What about the guy who dropped the coin for the flowers and now won't reap the benefits?

stink219

So as i was out delivering flowers, teddybears, and sherryberries last night i had an epiphany!! If any residential package not attempted by 730pm was to be considered missed (like business after 5) maybe i wouldnt be out so late anymore.

Lets be honest the last box of flowers i dropped off at 907pm wasnt really delivered to that lady on valentines day! Middle of the night more like it.

My second proposal is a second paid 10 minute break after 10 hours. If your on road 12 hours i need a lunch break and a dinner break for cryin out loud

First 10 minute at 1030
lunch 1:00
by 930 i really need a snack ;)
In our local supplement we get an additional 2 10 min breaks. But they are automatically paid called "Time Bonus". 3 of those a week is 2500 extra a year. Cha Ching!!!!!!

Bad Gas!

In our local supplement we get an additional 2 10 min breaks. But they are automatically paid called "Time Bonus". 3 of those a week is 2500 extra a year. Cha Ching!!!!!!

In our supplement you get NO payed 10 min breaks..And you have to take an hour lunch..You can spread it out to 4 break periods..The paid break isn't an option down south....Hence..Southerners get a raw deal on Pension, time breaks and a few more items..Enjoy your break while we work!

In our supplement you get NO payed 10 min breaks..And you have to take an hour lunch..You can spread it out to 4 break periods..The paid break isn't an option down south....Hence..Southerners get a raw deal on Pension, time breaks and a few more items..Enjoy your break while we work!
We have to take an hour lunch...but we do get a paid 15 minute break!

stink219

We get 2 10's paid, need to take an hour lunch between 4th and 5th hour, if we go over 10 hours we get paid for 2 additional 10 min breaks. I guess we got it pretty good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We start at 9:30am (9 on Mondays) and my last scheduled pickup is a 6pm dropbox. I am usually punched out and gone by 1820 and, yes, I take my full lunch and break.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When did you start?

And how long have you been a driver? I never heard of a route that finishes at 5:45pm. If it were me, I'd have to start around 6am. Lmao!!! Cement, your right, your post is all crazy talk.

I start at 8:30, at my first stop around 9:00. Off the clock at 5:45. My route is also a half hour approved lunch with a 10 minute paid break. So really I would punch out at 6:15 if I had to take a whole hour lunch (if that make you feel any better). This mostly happens if I can either pick up my 5:30 pickup early or they send me a text and let me know they have nothing.