Excited to come on board!

jdm2112

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm soon to be hired on as a PT Dockworker in Rochester, NY. They are union there and I know the starting rate is $10.50 per hour regardless of expierience or having a CDL or not.
My question is, what is the normal hourly pay progression for this job? Do you get a raise after the first 30 days, then 6 months, then annually? And how much are the increases? I think the amounts go by the union contract, right?
Also, when would I be eligible for health benefits?...that is, if part-timers even get health benefits.
Thank you :happy-very:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Welcome to UPS, and the Browncafe!!

Part time health benefits are only available after one year of seniority. As for wages and progession, yo will have to check you local supplement. Your local Union hall should have a copy for you. If your shop steward does not.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
jdm2112,

Welcome to the BrownCafe.:peaceful:

All of these basic questions should've been covered in orientation, if not ask your sup and have him introduce you to the shop steward for any specific union questions you might have.

Good luck!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm soon to be hired on as a PT Dockworker in Rochester, NY. They are union there and I know the starting rate is $10.50 per hour regardless of expierience or having a CDL or not.
My question is, what is the normal hourly pay progression for this job? Do you get a raise after the first 30 days, then 6 months, then annually? And how much are the increases? I think the amounts go by the union contract, right?
Also, when would I be eligible for health benefits?...that is, if part-timers even get health benefits.
Thank you :happy-very:

Hey JDM:

Welcome to BC.
I like the Smiley/Pissedoffitey Avatar! Different!