EXCLUSIVE: FedEx’s secret deal with the NRA and the gun industry

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
EXCLUSIVE: FedEx’s secret deal with the NRA and the gun industry - Think Progress

While publicly trying to distance itself from the NRA, FedEx has made a secret agreement with the association and other major players in the firearms industry.

In a stark contrast with FedEx’s recent attempts to distance itself from the gun lobby, the internal company document obtained by ThinkProgress outlines in great detail precisely how FedEx has secretly agreed to bend its own rules on gun shipments for powerful forces in the gun industry, including all major gun manufacturers and the NRA itself.

The document, labeled “Confidential information. Internal use only,” was provided to ThinkProgress by a FedEx employee, who asked to remain anonymous due to concern that disclosing the document would cause the source to be terminated.

over9five

Staff member
Non-story, nothing illegal here, certainly doesn't have to be "secret".

I wholly agree with the NRA calling company's decisions to cut ties “a shameful display of political and civic cowardice”.
Blaming the NRA for actions NONE of it's members were involved in requires a special kind of stupid.

oldngray

nowhere special

I wholly agree with the NRA calling company's decisions to cut ties “a shameful display of political and civic cowardice”.
Blaming the NRA for actions NONE of it's members were involved in requires a special kind of stupid.
Nothing unusual about giving larger customers discounts or keeping the details confidential. Just a story from a very liberal site that doesn't like gun companies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

But in this PC world where people make rash judgements based on emotions and whomever speaks the loudest, this push against FedEx and the NRA will probably succeed eventually.

bbsam

Staff member
I think the issue arises with Fedex putting forth far different public statements than what is policy. If they’re going to continue to ship as always and give the same discounts, just come out and say so.