EXCLUSIVE: UPS Workers Caught On Video Handling Holiday Packages Without Care

This is exactly what happened. My point is the driver should have stayed until all of the boxes were at least inside the door.

Do you know how long that could take? I believe you mentioned how you give a person X amount of time to get to the door until you slap a notice on the door and you're gone. Now you're saying if you were that retail driver you would stand around until all the boxes were inside?

If you've never been in the back of a store you'd be surprised at the 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack feeling there is. I would deliver and the employees would still be unpacking,inventorying, and stocking their delivery when I came for the pickups.

If my customer wanted the stuff stacked outside and signed for it then the delivery was done. How long it sat outside is their business.

Ouch

Upstate you contradict yourself everyother thread. One thread you will only wait a short time and then you're gone. The next thread you will wait till they stock the freaking shelves and put price tags on all the merchandise. What gives?

Ouch

I dont think anybody would understand it if you did explain it. It was a simple question. Don't forget to recharge your camera batteries for Monday.

kingOFchester

Why take a picture? The only reason is to show it to other people, kind of like a snitch. Or perhaps it makes you feel better about yourself.

To state "
I don't leave until they are all inside the door" is idiotic. I have been directed to pile stuff outside. Showed up 5 hours later to see half the pile still sitting. You are telling me you would sit there for 5 hours?

Insanity.

I disagree----I don't leave until they are all inside the door. If they want to take care of them from that point that's fine.

Dave. There probably wasn't room IN the store. If the customer says pile them up outside then it's all the easier for you. Thank You Ma'am, sign here, (sounds of burning rubber).

My route at peak, retail peak, was 100 stops with some days 1000+ pieces between the PC and my trailer. Now you really think if there was no room I'd stand around until they broke the threshold?

Marne Vet

This is exactly what happened. My point is the driver should have stayed until all of the boxes were at least inside the door.

Does anyone here buy the BS you post on a daily basis? Where do you work? Pleasantville? That pile at the door is a VERY common site anywhere in UPS. If you back-up to a door, and start pilling them up per the customers request, it's not Tetris. You're not gonna get a perfect stack, ever. It'll look like that very often. Second, as soon as you get a signature you're on to your next stop. You don't wait until they take the packages inside. That's their job. The door is open, they're there, and now that they've signed you leave. I seriously think most of what you say is a lot of huff and puff. You're full of BS bro. Even the most anal retentive drivers I've ever met are far below how bad you make yourself out to be with all these holier than thou posts on methods.

Just Lurking

Does anyone here buy the BS you post on a daily basis? Where do you work? Pleasantville? That pile at the door is a VERY common site anywhere in UPS. If you back-up to a door, and start pilling them up per the customers request, it's not Tetris. You're not gonna get a perfect stack, ever. It'll look like that very often. Second, as soon as you get a signature you're on to your next stop. You don't wait until they take the packages inside. That's their job. The door is open, they're there, and now that they've signed you leave. I seriously think most of what you say is a lot of huff and puff. You're full of BS bro. Even the most anal retentive drivers I've ever met are far below how bad you make yourself out to be with all these holier than thou posts on methods.

No. He works in Clarksville.:biggrin:

Are you just seeing this.

FilingBluesFL

Do you know how long that could take? I believe you mentioned how you give a person X amount of time to get to the door until you slap a notice on the door and you're gone. Now you're saying if you were that retail driver you would stand around until all the boxes were inside?

He forgot to mention that he punches out for lunch while he does this, so as not to negatively affect his SPORH or time between deliveries...

He IS a team player, after all, and a self proclaimed "Runner/Gunner." This is how he gets his lunch time in...

upschuck

There was no need to "create" a story as the story told itself. Anyone of us in our first years of service would be appalled at this---sadly it has become the norm.

This is a picture of how a driver in my center completed a delivery at our local mall:

View attachment 10723

Is this what we have become?
Unless the brown building is part of the same picture, I don't believe this is how the driver delivered those packages. He would have had to get a signature after sheeting those packages and walk around to the front of the store and enter that way. I believe this is after it was signed for and store employees were throwing empty boxes away. Next picture has the said employee bursting through those boxes arms raised in victory.