Expectations for seasonal drivers in peak?

Newb here to the Cafe and 1st post. Quick backstory, I've already cut my teeth and paid my dues in the logistics world with days of 100+ stops and 300+ pieces (half of which weighed 50 lbs or more), finishing by 4pm with a start time of 8:30am because of business hours. People wanted to leave before 5 to beat rush hour traffic. Couldnt fault them there btw.

I would also clock in and load trucks from 1am to 7am because management didnt understand the importance of staffing and duped me into thinking I would eventually take over for the departing night shift supervisor. He never left. I got aggravated and did.

Backstory over, I accepted a seasonal driving position thinking it was a FT combo driver position. Clearly it was the ole bait n switch, but I'm not necessarily surprised given the fustercluck I've seen with HR and management so far.

My question is, what is the expected stop count for seasonals during peak? What are the graded metrics? And lastly, since I'm not following a pipe dream of getting hired and do not anticipate it no matter how hard I work, just how screwed are seasonals?

10YR 4/6

In my center, we have hired 5-10 seasonals as permanent after each of the past 3 xmases. The some guys would get noticed by management and get 250-300 stops, 12 hour days and a job in January. Most of the seasonals would get 50-100 stops in a rental truck and a lay off after peak. It seemed like the earlier in the season you got hired, the better your chances.
Your not screwed, but don’t try to impress your new boss with your 100 stop days from your old job. This last summer 200 stops was a light day here.

In my center, we have hired 5-10 seasonals as permanent after each of the past 3 xmases. The some guys would get noticed by management and get 250-300 stops, 12 hour days and a job in January. Most of the seasonals would get 50-100 stops in a rental truck and a lay off after peak. It seemed like the earlier in the season you got hired, the better your chances.
Your not screwed, but don’t try to impress your new boss with your 100 stop days from your old job. This last summer 200 stops was a light day here.
Milk it for all it's worth? Roger that. I was expecting 250+, but 50-100 in a Ryder truck is definitely doable. I was doing Amazon Flex for farts and giggles and could knock 50 stops out in less than 2 hours

542thruNthru

Newb here to the Cafe and 1st post. Quick backstory, I've already cut my teeth and paid my dues in the logistics world with days of 100+ stops and 300+ pieces (half of which weighed 50 lbs or more), finishing by 4pm with a start time of 8:30am because of business hours. People wanted to leave before 5 to beat rush hour traffic. Couldnt fault them there btw.

I would also clock in and load trucks from 1am to 7am because management didnt understand the importance of staffing and duped me into thinking I would eventually take over for the departing night shift supervisor. He never left. I got aggravated and did.

Backstory over, I accepted a seasonal driving position thinking it was a FT combo driver position. Clearly it was the ole bait n switch, but I'm not necessarily surprised given the fustercluck I've seen with HR and management so far.

My question is, what is the expected stop count for seasonals during peak? What are the graded metrics? And lastly, since I'm not following a pipe dream of getting hired and do not anticipate it no matter how hard I work, just how screwed are seasonals?
After everything you've already seen. You really think UPS has a graded metric that is actually obtainable during peak?

You're expected to do all the stops in your truck quickly and help others when done everyday. It doesn't matter if it's 200 stops or 700 stops in your truck. UPS expects you to get it done.

Good luck.

After everything you've already seen. You really think UPS has a graded metric that is actually obtainable during peak?

You're expected to do all the stops in your truck quickly and help others when done everyday. It doesn't matter if it's 200 stops or 700 stops in your truck. UPS expects you to get it done.

Good luck.
I ask because I've only gone in for a total of less than 2 hours over 4 days. We're asked to come in, then it's a huge surprise when we show. There's been zero information about the job requirements and I doubt next week's training session will yield any useful results. I take whatever job I undertake seriously, but if it's be a warm body and empty the truck, then it is what it is.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Get everything delivered and don’t hit anything
You’ll be the prince of prince’s

First thing you need to understand is there is no team
it’s Every man for himself
Sink or swim nobody really cares if you do or if you don’t
That's pretty eye opening. I've always held the belief that no one (contractor or in house) with the exception of sandbaggers are to be left behind. Thanks for the harsh reality man