Expensive Three Dollar Mirror

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I "borrowed" an adjustable wrench from the shop and it lives in my package car now. I tighten my own mirrors as needed.

I carry a 1/2" wrench in my lunchbox for just this reason. It stinks to be going down the freeway and your right mirror come loose and spin around on its bracket. Thats why I try to keep in the far right lane.

Tony31yrs

If I ever broke a mirror like that, I would write it up when I returned to the building as "broke mirror while trying to adjust it!" If it was ever questioned, I would have said that I was lucky I didn't cut my wrist open on the busted glass. Our mechanics would just replace the mirrors-no questions asked.

brett636

Seems a little extreme for something so simple. A few months ago I was running my new P500 through our wash tunnel when the side brush grabbed ahold of my miirror slamming it against the side glass breaking it and the mirror. I told my supervisor immediatly, but I was never charged with an accident. They just replaced the glass and mirror. In your case just being a mirror seems like an awful lot of trouble for something that should take a mechanic a few minutes to replace.

DS

Fenderbender
It was my turn yesterday.I decided to take my break in a shady spot alongside a building in my area.I got all comfy putting my winter coat down on the passenger side of my p700 and was thoroughly enjoying a smoked turkey on whole wheat with keens mustard when I hear a truck driving past me.He was going pretty fast in a 5 ton,All I heard was rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bump bump SMASH!
The guy did not have his back doors secured and the right side door swung out and smashed my drivers side window.
My oncar came to the scene of the crime and took pictures of my truck and the perps truck.
I was not asked to fill out an accident report.
As a result my p7 was in the shop today and I got a ride along for the day.
I got to drive a classic car instead.A 1980 something p500.I'm tired.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It was my turn yesterday.I decided to take my break in a shady spot alongside a building in my area.I got all comfy putting my winter coat down on the passenger side of my p700 and was thoroughly enjoying a smoked turkey on whole wheat with keens mustard when I hear a truck driving past me.He was going pretty fast in a 5 ton,All I heard was rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bump bump SMASH!
The guy did not have his back doors secured and the right side door swung out and smashed my drivers side window.
My oncar came to the scene of the crime and took pictures of my truck and the perps truck.
I was not asked to fill out an accident report.
As a result my p7 was in the shop today and I got a ride along for the day.
I got to drive a classic car instead.A 1980 something p500.I'm tired.
LOL, classic!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After the PCM yesterday the on car called 4 of us over. He handed out red reflective banners, about 2' square, with the word SAFETY in big letters. We have been told that we are to hang these on the rear of the PC on the driver's side with the attached magnet and that they are designed to stay on up to 60 mph.

screamin chicken

I feel your pain man, we are in the same boat, i am in SC and we are also going through that same BS. We are still using helpers and going out with peak stops.....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
After the PCM yesterday the on car called 4 of us over. He handed out red reflective banners, about 2' square, with the word SAFETY in big letters. We have been told that we are to hang these on the rear of the PC on the driver's side with the attached magnet and that they are designed to stay on up to 60 mph.

It is sad as well as frightening that, as a company, we are actually paying a salary to the idiot in management who came up with that bright idea.

We paid for him to hold the meetings and write the memos and make the conference calls and print out the spreadsheets for his bright idea. And then we paid to have the damn things designed and produced.

The really scary part...is that the idiot in question probably truly believes that what he has done will actually make some sort of a difference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

We played this game about a year and a half ago.
There is no longer a banner to be seen.
They have moved on to cones for parking now for specific routes.
These brilliant ideas are often foiled by reality.
In the case of the banners I think it was the corporate complaint called in by the lady who found one of these banners that landed on her windshield while doing 65 mph on the highway.

over9five

Staff member

We have these too. Much better looking than the old plastic rags. I was told to use it on area, not on the highway.

I have to admit I like these. Any splash of color gotta help people see that big brown thing that seems to blend in to the scenery. Always amazed me how many people hit us while parked.

DS

Fenderbender
DS, please tell us you weren't charged with an accident!!!

Not that I know of.
I didn't even file an accident report,or call the 800#
My dvir says the window was replaced by presto auto glass.
They usually do it themselves.
Most likely a simple insurance claim.