Expired Inspection on-topic

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
Just finished my Saturday and while I was walking out of the building, I noticed the car that had been red tagged is back in the lineup for my trip. I also noticed it's back with a bad inspection sticker.
Being that we are professional drivers, I am thinking that I shouldn't take said Package Car on the road Monday. We get in trouble if we didn't fill out the DVIR before leaving the building so I'm thinking the fine would be mine if I were to get pulled over.
Thoughts?

MendozaJ

Don't even report it until you're on the clock. Make sure the sups don't help with transferring the load. Make them round up a couple of preloaders to help. If they want you to do it by yourself, send a message on the diad saying you will have late airs and state the reason why. If they tell you to drive it, call your shop steward immediately.

TheMasochist

So you're saying - Walk in with a smile on Monday morning. Say nothing until after the PCM, because pre-tripping the vehicle beforehand would be working OTC. Then after the PCM immediately send a message across the DIAD about late airs and state the vehicle is out-of-inspection.

Just finished my Saturday and while I was walking out of the building, I noticed the car that had been red tagged is back in the lineup for my trip. I also noticed it's back with a bad inspection sticker.
Being that we are professional drivers, I am thinking that I shouldn't take said Package Car on the road Monday. We get in trouble if we didn't fill out the DVIR before leaving the building so I'm thinking the fine would be mine if I were to get pulled over.
Thoughts?
You never take a car out without a valid sticker.....never

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So you're saying - Walk in with a smile on Monday morning. Say nothing until after the PCM, because pre-tripping the vehicle beforehand would be working OTC. Then after the PCM immediately send a message across the DIAD about late airs and state the vehicle is out-of-inspection.

Or, instead of trying to play idiotic games about an inspection sticker like the donkey above you suggests, just go back inside and kindly remind someone that the vehicle is out of date Then come Monday, instead of dragging out your workday by having to do all that extra work, you finish your route and get to go home. WOW. I mean c'mon really, we're not talking about supervisors working or someone else lower than you working or :censored2: with management over this, it's such a trivial matter to just do it right and have a half decent Monday.

over9five

Staff member
Or, instead of trying to play idiotic games about an inspection sticker like the donkey above you suggests, just go back inside and kindly remind someone that the vehicle is out of date Then come Monday, instead of dragging out your workday by having to do all that extra work, you finish your route and get to go home. WOW. I mean c'mon really, we're not talking about supervisors working or someone else lower than you working or :censored2: with management over this, it's such a trivial matter to just do it right and have a half decent Monday.
This.

TheMasochist

I'm not the the type to play games. I don't do that crapolla. The problem is, I noticed it on the way out. I had already walked by the mechanics and already noticed no one was there. I couldn't just turn around and say "hey man, this thing is out of inspection." I'm just simply asking what should I do Monday morning? What would you do? I'm thinking I'm going to walk in and let my sup (who fought hard to keep me in The Center) know that the thing is out of inspection. There's going to a steadfast "oh :censored2:"...Monday is going to be interesting to say the least.
No I wasn't going to wait until the PCM was over and then play the games. Not my job. I'm not like that.

over9five

Staff member
I'm not the the type to play games. I don't do that crapolla. The problem is, I noticed it on the way out. I had already walked by the mechanics and already noticed no one was there. I couldn't just turn around and say "hey man, this thing is out of inspection." I'm just simply asking what should I do Monday morning? What would you do? I'm thinking I'm going to walk in and let my sup (who fought hard to keep me in The Center) know that the thing is out of inspection. There's going to a steadfast "oh :censored2:"...Monday is going to be interesting to say the least.
No I wasn't going to wait until the PCM was over and then play the games. Not my job. I'm not like that.
Call his cell now, leave a message? Either way, do not take that car on road Monday.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

My bad, judging from those responses below, that was EXACTLY what I thought you were planning on doing. A sticky note on the computer or door of the center manager or dispatch / preload supe is probably pretty effective as well if no one is there.

Monday is going to be interesting.

TheMasochist

I've actually tried to call my Sup a couple times now. I sent a text telling him it's important. He's most likely seeing it's me and thinking "I'm not working during the weekend", and I can't blame him for that. Still.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE was leave a written note on the PRELOAD SUPERVISORS DESK letting him or her know NOT TO LOAD THAT CAR due to the expired inspection sticker.

ANOTHER OPTION would have been to tape a note on both the windshield and the rear of the pkg car telling them NOT TO LOAD THAT CAR.

Waiting until Monday is the least desirable option for all involved.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Would the sups know what to do, or would they have to wait for the upper guys to tell them? Without a report and some- made up numbers, I would think they would be paralyzed?