Express am Pickup driver Questions

smmxm

What consists of doing pick ups in the am? what would my hours be like? how many stops would I have? I was supposed to FO, but apparently im not going to be doing that anymore

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What consists of doing pick ups in the am? what would my hours be like? how many stops would I have? I was supposed to FO, but apparently im not going to be doing that anymore

That's a new one on me. Usually whoever delivers in an area does the pickups or they bump them to the PM pu routes. Are you sure you won't be a part-time am route? That's usually delivering til 1030.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Start time can be anywhere from around 0600 to 0800, at my station they push part timers to be off clock by about 11:00 unless it's to their benefit. And scheduled start time can change from day to day.

No idea on stops. That all depends on whether you have a regular route or float around helping.

The only thing that stays the same at FedEx is "change".

!Retired!

Start time can be anywhere from around 0600 to 0800, at my station they push part timers to be off clock by about 11:00 unless it's to their benefit.
And being PT, they ASK if you can stay and for how long. They can't force you to work past 6 hours. And a little FYI.....volunteering for everything and sucking up to managers play NO part in getting a FT position, should you choose to stay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And being PT, they ASK if you can stay and for how long. They can't force you to work past 6 hours. And a little FYI.....volunteering for everything and sucking up to managers play NO part in getting a FT position, should you choose to stay.

Well said. When it's slow, they'll happily ask you to go home after 2 hours or maybe even waive your minimums for the week. When it's busy, they will expect you to work as long as they need you to. There is no payoff for being a "hero", other than the expectation that you will always be willing and able to bend over for them. Establish from the get-go exactly when you are available and when you aren't. FedEx cant force you to cancel child care/elder care/other jobs etc., but that's what they want...total flexibility from you with zero loyalty in return.

Learn to WAD, and don't be their tool or their fool. Talk with some senior employees and have them advise you.

DontThrowPackages

Hawaii is the only zone I know of doing PUPS in the AM. Things do change so Maybe its everywhere now.