Express Couriers working for security?

btrlov

Got hit with an paid investigory suspension for open truck door during delivery run. I did notice a coworker that was parked behind me briefly. But have no idea who reported this
I don’t even remember leaving my door open , and had nothing to say when they asked for a written statement; which seem to enraged the senior manager into suspending me... Do coworkers work for security? Perhaps it was management on road .. or security ..just curious

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Got hit with an paid investigory suspension for open truck door during delivery run. I did notice a coworker that was parked behind me briefly. But have no idea who reported this
I don’t even remember leaving my door open , and had nothing to say when they asked for a written statement; which seem to enraged the senior manager into suspending me... Do coworkers work for security? Perhaps it was management on road .. or security ..just curious
They didn’t inform you as to who saw you?

MAKAVELI

I don’t even remember leaving my door open , and had nothing to say when they asked for statement; which seem to enraged the senior manager into suspending me... Do coworkers work for security? Perhaps it was management on road .. or security ..just curious
Sounds like your management doesn't like you and is using a coworker to spy and snitch on you.

btrlov

No they did not, I got text from another floor manager that my back door is open-please see a manager when I get back , didn’t see the text till I return to station ... but he never said it was him who actually witnessed it

I’m not really a complainer or troublemaker ... and I do what they say .... never even have anything like this on my record.... I had one of top on roads....I’m caught of guard by Sm reaction , albeit he has done this to other employees... thinking about quiting after “the investigation” is complete... if they don’t fire me first ... I have ft job with large firm already ...maybe they know this (who knows ) ...very strange day
They didn’t inform you as to who saw you?

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No they did not

I’m not really a complainer or troublemaker ... and I do what they say .... never even have anything like this on my record.... I had one of top on roads....I’m caught of guard by Sm reaction , albeit he has done this to other employees... thinking about quiting after “the investigation” is complete... if they don’t fire me first ... I have ft job with large firm already ...maybe this know this (who knows ) ...very strange day
You won’t get fired. Worst is a warning letter.

Star B

White Lightening
Are you sure it was a fellow courier? I know a FX security guy was snaking around our region for a couple weeks doing random road checks and station checks.

And.. open OR unlocked. In other words, if someone passing by can open your door, your boned.

EDIT: TSA has also been sneaking around more than normal. It could have been them too...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are you sure it was a fellow courier? I know a FX security guy was snaking around our region for a couple weeks doing random road checks and station checks.

And.. open OR unlocked. In other words, if someone passing by can open your door, your boned.

EDIT: TSA has also been sneaking around more than normal. It could have been them too...
Our security guy is always snaking around. He’s a registered sex offender. Lol.

dezguy

Every once in a while, FedEx security drives around, trying to pop couriers not following best practices. They like to hang out at malls, etc. and get people for leaving doors unlocked.

At my old sta, a guy came out to see some woman sitting in his E250, parked in a dock. Asked if he could help her and she flashed her FedEx ID and asked why he didn't secure his vehicle. Got a talking to when he got back to sta.

Maui

Yeah it could be anybody. If safety/security it will be a warning letter. If some other employee, then it may end up as nothing.

Employees are NOT required to give a statement. It is always strongly encouraged and managers and SM get frustrated, but you can refuse.

Star B

White Lightening
What I don’t get is they use the excuse that TSA requires that we secure our vehicles, yet UPS vehicles are left wide open up front.
Well, so are reaches/W700/W900s. As long as you have the cargo area secured with no cargo in the front, you are good. An idiot manager might bitch that they got into the driver area of a Sprinter but as long as they can't make it to the cargo area, there's nothing they can really do.

You also have to remember, ON, that we're an airline that happens to own a fleet of trucks and UPS is a trucking company that happens to own a couple airplanes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well, so are reaches/W700/W900s. As long as you have the cargo area secured with no cargo in the front, you are good. An idiot manager might bitch that they got into the driver area of a Sprinter but as long as they can't make it to the cargo area, there's nothing they can really do.

You also have to remember, ON, that we're an airline that happens to own a fleet of trucks and UPS is a trucking company that happens to own a couple airplanes.
Not here. All doors and windows must be closed and locked on ALL vehicles when you’re out of it.

fedex_rtd

Gotta side with the company on this issue, we handle a lot of higher value items. The other week I added up my commercial invoices at one of my stops and they shipped out $1.3 Million worth of goods. So yeh...lock your truck.

Star B

White Lightening
Not here. All doors and windows must be closed and locked on ALL vehicles when you’re out of it.
Then you are dealing with idiots. As long as they can't get into the cargo area, they aren't worried about it here.

If a package "magically" finds its way into the driver compartment, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's not coming with me unless I know for *damn* sure that it's legit. I'll toss it outside the cab and leave it if I have to.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

If a member of management or security didn't see it, and you don't admit to anything, then it didn't happen.

Oldfart

Then you are dealing with idiots. As long as they can't get into the cargo area, they aren't worried about it here.

If a package "magically" finds its way into the driver compartment, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's not coming with me unless I know for *damn* sure that it's legit. I'll toss it outside the cab and leave it if I have to.
Policy is all doors are locked when not in the vehicle. 700/900 Reach/Sprinter. Used to be able to leave passenger door slid open at Resi but are suppose to close them now. I will keep mine open if I see a dog nearby and take my chances with security.

dezguy

You can unlock all the doors from the cab of a sprinter, which is why it should be locked up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Wrong.
Your opinion doesn't supersede Policy.

DeliveryException

You can unlock all the doors from the cab of a sprinter, which is why it should be locked up.

Exactly, button on the dash will unlock all the doors, including sliding and back doors.

Having said that if I'm going to resi front door 25ft from the side door, i don't lock it normally.