Express dress code

jesst1980

I'm going in for an interview tomorrow for an express swing courier and was wondering about the dress code. I'm mainly looking for the tattoo policy? I'm also wondering how many hours a swing courier usually gets. I would be leaving a job I am unhappy at for this job.

Star B

White Lightening
you're a swing, you're the bitch. you'll either have no work or you will overworked.... depends on your manager. If you show up on time ever day and not turn down any work, for a FT swing, you'll get your 35hrs/wk minimum.

Dress code for an interview.... Don't be a tool.... Dress for success?

Tats aren't an issue as long as they aren't obscene or very visible. Also... up to your manager.

jesst1980

you're a swing, you're the bitch. you'll either have no work or you will overworked.... depends on your manager. If you show up on time ever day and not turn down any work, for a FT swing, you'll get your 35hrs/wk minimum.

Dress code for an interview.... Don't be a tool.... Dress for success?

Tats aren't an issue as long as they aren't obscene or very visible. Also... up to your manager.
Sorry I should have specified dress code for work. Is 35 hr a week a guarantee?

Schweddy

Balls
For ft yes, 35. Pt is like 17.5. Paid weekly.

Swing can be tough but you might get some leniency on times since you don't run said route every day like the person on said route.

jesst1980

Thanks. The position said full time but the email I got from the recruiter said part time, but the hours were 730-6 Monday thru Saturday. I have tats on my arms, nothing bad but that is why I am concerned. I have no problem wearing long sleeves if needed.
A little nervous on not getting hours now since this would be my only job
Weekly pay is nice though

Oldfart

Thanks. The position said full time but the email I got from the recruiter said part time, but the hours were 730-6 Monday thru Saturday. I have tats on my arms, nothing bad but that is why I am concerned. I have no problem wearing long sleeves if needed.
If you are willing to do what others are not willing to do, hours could be plentiful. Will slow down at the first of the year but picks up quickly. Usually hours to be had for those that are willing to work. There are some exceptions but I think it is worth the risk. Better than working a job you dont like.

jesst1980

If you are willing to do what others are not willing to do, hours could be plentiful. Will slow down at the first of the year but picks up quickly. Usually hours to be had for those that are willing to work. There are some exceptions but I think it is worth the risk. Better than working a job you dont like.
I definitely want to work....I honestly love money. The biggest thing about my current job is all of the on call nights and working more than 10 days in a row. I currently drive all day over 100 miles a day so I don't think the driving will be an issue. If they have the hours available, I will take them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Express doesn't offer weekly pay, that's Ground. Express doesn't hire FT off the street, that's Ground. Be sure which division you are applying to, because Ground doesn't offer benefits.

Oldfart

Express doesn't offer weekly pay, that's Ground. Express doesn't hire FT off the street, that's Ground. Be sure which division you are applying to, because Ground doesn't offer benefits.
Where did you get your facts because you are 100% wrong with your Express info.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Part of this is not true. Express hires FT all the time at my station. Depends on the area and need. Also, he could be talking weekly pay as opposed to bi-weekly or monthly. In that case, Express DOES pay weekly.

Yomama11

I'm going in for an interview tomorrow for an express swing courier and was wondering about the dress code. I'm mainly looking for the tattoo policy? I'm also wondering how many hours a swing courier usually gets. I would be leaving a job I am unhappy at for this job.
Dress code is not an issue at fedex because you get to wear a uniform. Fedex gives you shirts,pants,Polo Shirt, Polo long sleeve, sweatshirt, etc you only need to pay for all black shoes...I personally would go to the interview no less than business casual and would not show any tats if I had any..
As far as hours it's tricky. I've been a full time swing at 2 station. I averaged 55 hours a week for 3 years at 1 station and I've been averaging about 44 a year for the past 3 years at my new station.

Schweddy

Balls
And with the boots, if you work reload, they must be black and steel/composite safety toe (composite is lighter and highly recommended) in order to get reimbursed. The first year they give like $20 but the second and after they give like $90-95?

And it's been my experience to order big on the pants/shorts. IE, if you wear a 36, order 38. Length seems accurate though.

jesst1980

So I had my interview. I think it went well. How long after your interview did you find out. I saw the acceptance letter being filled in but they never said anything to me. Just that they will let me no later than tomorrow.