Express Drivers, tell us your Stories

Goldilocks

How did you go Above and Beyond to help this Fedex Empire. Your hard work to deliver that "Golden" package, your customers, and your many sacrifices. We all have our stories....

Goldilocks

Since no one wants to speak, let me be the first to say, THANK YOU to the Courier who delivered all those Christmas packages, Birthday gifts and much more to my beloved "MARINE CORP" Father. You always had a smile on your face and he loved talking with you. You even delivered his FINAL PACKAGE, HIS ERN, with the Marine Corp emblem on the side. He ordered it after we told him he could NOT be buried in a paper bag. What a Marine....You did an awsome job and it was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you to your Senior Mananger who allowed you off the sort that morning so that I could shake your hand. God Bless you Mr Courier....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not a courier but would like to add my story here if I may. I received a phone call on a Saturday from a customer, who is also a friend, saying that our Saturday driver could not find his house and that he really wanted the new bikini his wife had ordered for their vacation. I called my on-car, relayed the story and asked him if I went to the bldg and tried to go in would I set off the security alarms. He told me no (this has since changed) so I went there, located the package, and brought it to him at his place of business (he owns a restaurant). He was so happy that he not only called in a complimentary concern but also gave me a $25 gift certificate to his restaurant.

The sad part is all of this could have been avoided had the driver taken 2 seconds to use a little logic when trying to find the house which is on a city street. The house (#21) is not numbered but sits between #19 and #25 (there is no #23).

vantexan

I am not a courier but would like to add my story here if I may. I received a phone call on a Saturday from a customer, who is also a friend, saying that our Saturday driver could not find his house and that he really wanted the new bikini his wife had ordered for their vacation. I called my on-car, relayed the story and asked him if I went to the bldg and tried to go in would I set off the security alarms. He told me no (this has since changed) so I went there, located the package, and brought it to him at his place of business (he owns a restaurant). He was so happy that he not only called in a complimentary concern but also gave me a $25 gift certificate to his restaurant.

The sad part is all of this could have been avoided had the driver taken 2 seconds to use a little logic when trying to find the house which is on a city street. The house (#21) is not numbered but sits between #19 and #25 (there is no #23).

UPS, saving the world one bikini at a time! :hawaii_girl:

DontThrowPackages

In times like these, the driver probably figured that was the house but why take the risk if by slight chance it wasn't. Getting a letter for a mis-delivery because we assume, through logic, it has to be the correct address is a rope not many couriers are willing to walk on anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In times like these, the driver probably figured that was the house but why take the risk if by slight chance it wasn't. Getting a letter for a mis-delivery because we assume, through logic, it has to be the correct address is a rope not many couriers are willing to walk on anymore.

It's Saturday air meaning someone paid extra to have it delivered on Saturday. There was a phone number on the package. Yes, the house should have been numbered, but our guy didn't do anymore than what was required. Sometimes the bare minimum is not enough.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
People that don't number their houses suck and then we're the asswholes 'cause we can't find it. Grrr!!!!!!!!!!

El Morado Diablo

People that don't number their houses suck and then we're the asswholes 'cause we can't find it. Grrr!!!!!!!!!!

We have lots of homes without numbers on them in our delivery area. Whenever I talk to one of these homeowners who complain about no deliveries or mis-deliveries I point out the fact that numbers on their homes, driveway entrances, etc would go a long way towards resolving their problems. In fact, I suggest it might save their lives in an emergency, too. I tell them I'm pretty sure the fire department could find their home if it's not clearly numbered and on fire. Not so sure an ambulance could if someone needs emergency medical treatment. Especially in the dark.

Doc Sorting Dude

Once I had a send again I brought back to the station because it was a "ASR" (Adult Sig Required) and no one was at home. The CSA advised me that this was heart medication and was wondering if I would go back out and deliver this package. I thought heck I had nothing really important I had to do so I took the package back out. Took me a least 45 minutes to get to this resi and it was peak traffic hour; when I finally got there the woman grabbed the package from me at the front door and slammed it without thanking me for redelivering. Oh well, least I was paid overtime to do it.

franknitty

How did you go Above and Beyond to help this Fedex Empire. Your hard work to deliver that "Golden" package, your customers, and your many sacrifices. We all have our stories....

Keeping a positive attitude and giving my manager a high SFA score is my all time best story ! Best practices pays !

HomeDelivery

I had a powerwheels toy from walmart going to a resi... the 2 kids playing in the front yard were wondering if i was delivering puppies or if i was a dog-catcher (um, they saw the dog logo on the side of the van).

I left the big box in the package car & proceeded to ask if their mom or dad is in the home; i'm delivering a box for them and it's not fo' you!

knocked & mom comes to the front door. I asked if they know about the walmart shipment & she said nope! So i recommend that the kids go inside, open the garage, & i'll slide the powerwheels box inside...

---------------------------------------

I got other customer-service related stories, but the complimentary calls from the 800# already is in my resume folder...

I'm still all for customer service & not just some dumb ***** ground or HD driver that will just haul this to the driveway/garage, drop it, and run back to the package vehicle.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We have lots of homes without numbers on them in our delivery area. Whenever I talk to one of these homeowners who complain about no deliveries or mis-deliveries I point out the fact that numbers on their homes, driveway entrances, etc would go a long way towards resolving their problems.

Dealing with an irate customer over a pkg that was Code 03'd because the house wasn't marked is always fun. "I've been here at 123 Maple St for 20 years and you should be able to find my house, this is one of the main streets in this town, I paid good money to have that sent overnight, you people are lazy and stupid, blah blah blah." When you ask if them if their houses have numbers on them, there's always, ALWAYS, that awkward moment of silence and the answer, "No." Not just a regular no, but they say it in a way that sounds like they know they are not exactly in the right. The kind of "no" that sounds like it should be (and sometimes is) followed by a "but."

If they can't make the effort to be found, we can't make the effort to spend a lot of time looking..

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dealing with an irate customer over a pkg that was Code 03'd because the house wasn't marked is always fun. "I've been here at 123 Maple St for 20 years and you should be able to find my house, this is one of the main streets in this town, I paid good money to have that sent overnight, you people are lazy and stupid, blah blah blah." When you ask if them if their houses have numbers on them, there's always, ALWAYS, that awkward moment of silence and the answer, "No." Not just a regular no, but they say it in a way that sounds like they know they are not exactly in the right. The kind of "no" that sounds like it should be (and sometimes is) followed by a "but."

If they can't make the effort to be found, we can't make the effort to spend a lot of time looking..
That silence would, usually, be followed by 'the regular UPS guy knows where I live!' in my experience. I always wanted to say, "Do I look like that guy?" :rofl:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That silence would, usually, be followed by 'the regular UPS guy knows where I live!' in my experience. I always wanted to say, "Do I look like that guy?" :rofl:

Other goodies:

"He does? Great! When he comes back --IN A WEEK-- he won't have any problem finding you! Bye!"

"You mean that the regular UPS guy, who drives this route every day and has delivered to you lots and lots of times over the years... he knows where you live? WHEW!"

"I bet you had this discussion with him too the 1st time he couldn't find your house because it's not numbered."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can we talk about the hot women who come to the door wearing almost nothing, or should I talk about hoarders? Maybe cat ladies, where the cat urine smell is so bad that your arm hair starts to burn-off? Just wondering.

Yes, I'd like to deliver the Goleden Package to you (not cat lady or hoarder). And if you've really been around a long time, you'll remember this one, which receptionists usually loved. "Federal Express, We keep it up all night and deliver until 1030 the next morning".

Last edited:

Goldilocks

Keeping a positive attitude and giving my manager a high SFA score is my all time best story ! Best practices pays !

I try, but it the past it was very hard. I had 2 or 3 managers in the past that road me hard. I dont know why, because I did my job well. I really like my manager now, he is a good guy that works his butt off.

Goldilocks

Can we talk about the hot women who come to the door wearing almost nothing, or should I talk about hoarders? Maybe cat ladies, where the cat urine smell is so bad that your arm hair starts to burn-off? Just wondering.

Yes, I'd like to deliver the Goleden Package to you (not cat lady or hoarder). And if you've really been around a long time, you'll remember this one, which receptionists usually loved. "Federal Express, We keep it up all night and deliver until 1030 the next morning".

Lots of guys in the past would tell me the stories of women coming to the door in a towel and the mirror in the back would show everything. Those women just loved and had the hots for the Men of Fedex!

I delivered to a small office one day and walked in, "Federal Express" and heard a voice say come in here, so I opened the door and there he sits on the John taking a dump. He actually signed my clipboard. YUCK... I threw away that pen....lol