Express going "independent" ...and to current events

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Talked to a friend of mine who has 15 Ground trucks . Had to paint a couple . Instead of the green and black , had to paint them the blue and orange like Express. The manager finally told him the company was going to do away with Express and the entire company was going to be "independent" drivers . Can't be called "contract" drivers since the lawsuit .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Talked to a friend of mine who has 15 Ground trucks . Had to paint a couple . Instead of the green and black , had to paint them the blue and orange like Express. The manager finally told him the company was going to do away with Express and the entire company was going to be "independent" drivers . Can't be called "contract" drivers since the lawsuit .
Nah, they're going to merge FedEx and UPS, and call it FedUps. I know, because I've been hearing that for YEARS!

(Cue the hysterical laughter)

MAKAVELI

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Green and black? Blue and orange? Lol. Someone is color blind.

Preventable

1stazd.jpg

Oj, chester... now this I must be caught in a time loop/paradox/whatever.

bacha29

With all due respect friend this issue has been thoroughly argued over in the past. It would require extensive new legislation for it to happen which would take years if not decades to be drawn up and passed into law. If it was something that could have been done it most likely would have begun when X bought Roadway Package System from Roadway in 1997. Express will continue to operate in it's present form for the foreseeable future . Ground on the other hand will continue to be the big money maker while it's cheap wage, zero benefit, fast food joint wage structure will continue to undermine the wage and benefit base over at Express.

Maui

With all due respect friend this issue has been thoroughly argued over in the past. It would require extensive new legislation for it to happen which would take years if not decades to be drawn up and passed into law. If it was something that could have been done it most likely would have begun when X bought Roadway Package System from Roadway in 1997. Express will continue to operate in it's present form for the foreseeable future . Ground on the other hand will continue to be the big money maker while it's cheap wage, zero benefit, fast food joint wage structure will continue to undermine the wage and benefit base over at Express.

I think something will have to give. Express gave 7%+ raises to most couriers to try to improve turnover. The steps represent over 5% raises even without any COLA adjustments.

Ground drivers often ask Express drivers they know if there are open positions. Ground drivers are seeking those wages and benefits by switching to Express. It is causing staffing issues in some areas already and it seems like it will only continue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think something will have to give. Express gave 7%+ raises to most couriers to try to improve turnover. The steps represent over 5% raises even without any COLA adjustments.

Ground drivers often ask Express drivers they know if there are open positions. Ground drivers are seeking those wages and benefits by switching to Express. It is causing staffing issues in some areas already and it seems like it will only continue.

Reduce.

MAKAVELI

There really is only one solution. Combine Express and Ground and make everyone employees.