Express losing local employees?

FredSmithsDaddy

A MAJOR auto manufacturer is adding a new shift to its plant, in our town. Almost everybody at our station has applied. I would love to see them take about 20 of us away. can you imagine the carnage?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A MAJOR auto manufacturer is adding a new shift to its plant, in our town. Almost everybody at our station has applied. I would love to see them take about 20 of us away. can you imagine the carnage?

As the economy recovers, FedEx will continue to lose quality employees and applicants to companies that actually pay a living wage, have real retirement plans or a decent 401k match, and treat workers with respect. Very soon, the average Express applicant will be exactly the same as the average Ground applicant...poorly qualified and of limited capability. Most people see the writing on the wall and are formulating exit plans.

bbsam

Staff member
Alot of young unemployed college grads out there. I predict a tough market for forty-something's like me.

Myort

I remember seeing an auto plant in the region planning to hire a lot of people in the next few years. Several of my co-workers seemed interested.

DontThrowPackages

This is what he wants. Out with the old and in with the 3 years and they're gone employees. Imagine how few pensions they'll need to dole out if no one stays long enough to become vested. Besides, once they reach their 10 percent goal, they'll be whining for 14 percent then 18 and 20 and so on and so on and so on, just like that shampoo commercial. Greed is like a person with substance problem.

bbsam

Staff member
If they're a grad, then they're smart..they wont pursue this dead end, for long.

I was thinking that the 30 to 40 year old courier would be competing for the better jobs with the college grads. If you don't like runner/gunners in the industry, get ready for even fiercer competition for those great jobs coming right around the corner.

SmithBarney

Just like up in North Dakota, Wyoming and other GAS/OIL rich areas, FEDEX refuses to pay a competitive wage so they lose the new hires
almost as soon as they hit the streets. Check JCATS, you see FT listings every week.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just like up in North Dakota, Wyoming and other GAS/OIL rich areas, FEDEX refuses to pay a competitive wage so they lose the new hires
almost as soon as they hit the streets. Check JCATS, you see FT listings every week.

I guess we are looking at different JCATS. Almost all PT for quite awhile, or are you talking specifically about ND, WY etc?