Express to offer Roth IRA in ‘23

Serf

Did any of you folks get an email saying that 1 Jan 23 Express will offer a new Roth IRA and conversions for specific tax and pre tax rates? Sounds ok, but I’m already suspicious!

bacha29

Did any of you folks get an email saying that 1 Jan 23 Express will offer a new Roth IRA and conversions for specific tax and pre tax rates? Sounds ok, but I’m already suspicious!
You're prepaying the taxes that would be owed when you draw out the money. If Fat Freddy is offering you this something big is in the works for you air letter jocks. Especially now given yesterday's announcement that more planes are being parked and retired and more layoffs are coming

Serf

I haven’t seen the fine print, but if I could convert/transfer my entire 401k to Roth. That be ideal. Doubt it though

bacha29

I haven’t seen the fine print, but if I could convert/transfer my entire 401k to Roth. That be ideal. Doubt it though
I'm sure that by now most if not all of you long term DOT couriers and such now know that you are nothing more than so called "legacy costs". You currently are or soon will be a burden to that company and pressure to find a way to jettison you "legacy costs" will continue to increase.

For example, take a closer look at your retiree healthcare plan. If you did chances are all it is is a Medicare supplement plan which could soon become an even cheaper Medicare Advantage plan for which Fat Freddy is chipping in something toward the premiums.

And while you're at it you might want to take a look at what your plan offers in the way of skilled nursing home coverage . All Medicare offers is 21 days followed by an additional 100 days less coinsurance if the patient qualifies for it. So you might want to check to see if your plan offers anything additional.

After that it's all self pay until you fall below the poverty line and you go on Medicaid.

In today's world that ordinary person who comes in to work day in and day out dependably doing his job is not a human being. That person is just a "legacy cost". . But don't despair....you're still a member of what Fat Freddy calls the "Fedex family".

vantexan

I'm sure that by now most if not all of you long term DOT couriers and such now know that you are nothing more than so called "legacy costs". You currently are or soon will be a burden to that company and pressure to find a way to jettison you "legacy costs" will continue to increase.

For example, take a closer look at your retiree healthcare plan. If you did chances are all it is is a Medicare supplement plan which could soon become an even cheaper Medicare Advantage plan for which Fat Freddy is chipping in something toward the premiums.

And while you're at it you might want to take a look at what your plan offers in the way of skilled nursing home coverage . All Medicare offers is 21 days followed by an additional 100 days less coinsurance if the patient qualifies for it. So you might want to check to see if your plan offers anything additional.

After that it's all self pay until you fall below the poverty line and you go on Medicaid.

In today's world that ordinary person who comes in to work day in and day out dependably doing his job is not a human being. That person is just a "legacy cost". . But don't despair....you're still a member of what Fat Freddy calls the "Fedex family".
If it's the same retiree healthcare plan that was there when I left in 2017 it's ridiculously unaffordable.

bacha29

If it's the same retiree healthcare plan that was there when I left in 2017 it's ridiculously unaffordable.
Are you talking about Florida Cover and or did you go onto the ACA exchanges and shop for an affordable policy? According to my information a basic Florida Cover policy starts at $83 a month.

vantexan

Are you talking about Florida Cover and or did you go onto the ACA exchanges and shop for an affordable policy? According to my information a basic Florida Cover policy starts at $83 a month.
Geez man you were talking about the FedEx retiree healthcare plan. And I wasn't in Florida then.

An individual Roth IRA doesn’t get a company match and the 401k variety has higher contribution limits IIRC.
Use the company match for the pre-tax money and put the other money into a Roth IRA
The limits are going up $500 next year plus you have more choices than what's in your 401K plan.
That's the main reason I have a Roth IRA outside of my 401k, even though my 401k does have a Roth option

Plus I don't like the company known how much money that I have in my retirement funds it's none of their damn business

McFeely

Huge Member
That's the main reason I have a Roth IRA outside of my 401k, even though my 401k does have a Roth option

I have the company 401k and I have a Roth IRA as well. Also have a rollover IRA from a previous job. Next step for me is to do some investments outside of those accounts to help diversify my tax burden when I retire, since nobody knows what the tax laws will be like in the future.

I have the company 401k and I have a Roth IRA as well. Also have a rollover IRA from a previous job. Next step for me is to do some investments outside of those accounts to help diversify my tax burden when I retire, since nobody knows what the tax laws will be like in the future.
Nothing wrong with playing both sides of the fence.

Just try to stay out of death and put away as much as you can in different pockets