Extra Dollar?

EmraldArcher

I've seen this and always been curious.... What the hell is high volume or low volume direct. I'm sure if it applied to me I'd know, but I'm just curious, sorry for the derail.

Also know as a pick-off. They work the twilight and midnight shifts standing at the belts and diverting packages to the correct feeders.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Also know as a pick-off. They work the twilight and midnight shifts standing at the belts and diverting packages to the correct feeders.
No. Pick off for twi and midnight shifts is exactly how you described it. High and low volume is on the preload shift. The sort aisle sorts packages by color to the correct belts. Then High and low volume is sorting packages to the corect slides for loading PC's.

No. Pick off for twi and midnight shifts is exactly how you described it. High and low volume is on the preload shift. The sort aisle sorts packages by color to the correct belts. Then High and low volume is sorting packages to the corect slides for loading PC's.
No boxline in your building? No belt that the preloaders pull off of as the packages go by? I have seen your pics and I don't think we have anything like that loading system.

EmraldArcher

There are high volume and low volume pick offs on midnight and twilight shifts. Officially these are referred to as high and low volume direct.

You may have the same thing on preload but I assure you they exist on the other shifts as well.