Extra Driver?

Notcool

A month ago I made my 40 days and qualified as a ft driver. I worked every day the past three months untill now. I'm listed as extra driver. I only know a few routes. They wont let you go out blind here normally. They are hiring drivers here crazy. The sups are all busy training other new ft drivers and new cover drivers. The routes I've done so far are other drivers bid routes. What are my options? I have to go back to work in the hub? I'm a long time pter. Why hire someone ft if you don't have a spot for them? Makes no sense.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
A month ago I made my 40 days and qualified as a ft driver. I worked every day the past three months untill now. I'm listed as extra driver. I only know a few routes. They wont let you go out blind here normally. They are hiring drivers here crazy. The sups are all busy training other new ft drivers and new cover drivers. The routes I've done so far are other drivers bid routes. What are my options? I have to go back to work in the hub? I'm a long time pter. Why hire someone ft if you don't have a spot for them? Makes no sense.
Your guaranteed 40 hours a week. Make sure your management team understands you want all 40

brownelf

You have the right to work before anyone in your classification that has less seniority than you. Take time to verify your seniority date now, in most locals you have a limited time to dispute them after they've been posted the first time. Let your on car and steward know you want to work everyday and your willing to work on any route that's available. It is not your problem they need to train a new employee, you have the right too work first. They may not like this but stand your ground now or you'll have this issue every time they need to train someone for years.

StoptheAct1212

All you have to say... i would like my 8 hours. I want to work... if they send you home as extra.. file grievence, thats it.... if they are not using you to drive, they need to offer you other work.. end of story

barnyard

KTM rider
Remember though, that is a double edged sword. If you demand your 8, you could find yourself working preload and local sort for weeks at a time. In my center, if you demand your 8, you will work splits until they have time to train you on a new route or a route you know is available.