Extra Drivers

AlliSeeisBrown

What is the process at your center when they have an extra driver report to work? How do they decide who goes home?
Women are given priority, then the problem drivers are next option, then back room deals are given next thought, then if all the above fail, it goes by seniority. Asking from top down and force from bottom up. Runners are not given days off due to productivity needs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is the process at your center when they have an extra driver report to work? How do they decide who goes home?
Depends if you have guys who enforce the contract language.

Southern Supplement

ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID
When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.

That said, I’ve never had to use it as I don’t go home if I show up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ARTICLE 64 -TIME OFF UNPAID
When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the Employer.

That is some jacked-up language.

All of that "area knowledge" crap.... can come into play.

Indecisi0n

Women are given priority, then the problem drivers are next option, then back room deals are given next thought, then if all the above fail, it goes by seniority. Asking from top down and force from bottom up. Runners are not given days off due to productivity needs.
Women work here ?

barnyard

KTM rider
I just don't understand where the women would work here. There aren't any kitchens at my hub.
Way back when I was on the preload, the company that cleans uniforms left them on the belt. Woman supe says, "need someone to put the uniforms away."
Me, "Looks like women's work to me, better get one of them."
and I walked away.
Did not end as well as one would think.

Last edited: