Extra Drivers

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Women are given priority, then the problem drivers are next option, then back room deals are given next thought, then if all the above fail, it goes by seniority. Asking from top down and force from bottom up. Runners are not given days off due to productivity needs.
Plus Runner-Gunners need to work. They lose plenty of cash not getting OT.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
benefit of having a bad route here... If you can't finish until 10pm on most days then they look at you first when looking for people to send home.
It's like 4 10s with overtime intact.

542thruNthru

Here it's runners/sups buddies get the day off first. Unless there is a nice resi only route they can burn up.

If a higher seniority driver finds out someone below them is up they usually ask for the day. If or when this is turned down a fraction of them will threaten to file a grievance for not following seniority. Then they get the day off.

Re-Raise

Goes by seniority in our center, I get asked if I want a day about every 3 weeks.
In our center if you say no, they say you won’t get asked again until everyone else has a chance. So the low guys always say yes and the top guy that says no doesn’t get a chance for another month or so

Chester

In our center if you say no, they say you won’t get asked again until everyone else has a chance. So the low guys always say yes and the top guy that says no doesn’t get a chance for another month or so
Kinda the same here but you have to have a route to be asked. But if you say yes or no you won’t be asked again til it goes thru entire list.

Last edited:

9.5er

In my center the same people get all the days off they want while others never get offered any days. If I really need a day I pick up the phone an hour before start time.

Dhydratd

I'm old, slow, and in the top 10% on our seniority list. I pretty much get the day off when I want to. The "gunners" actually come to me several times per week asking me if I want to go home and let them run my route.

Tony Q

In the central region under article 12 section 7 if they bring you into work and don't use you you are paid six hours if sent home.