Extremely Strange Gap Times

MassWineGuy

I haven’t heard a thing about my gap times for years. I work as quickly as I can and don’t dawdle, although I enjoy speaking with (some) customers.

Today, one of the a.m. managers showed me my gap report from yesterday. It showed one for 40 minutes, another for about 20. There may have been 10 minutes when I off loaded some stops to another driver.

Also yesterday, I had trouble with my Leo like I’ve never had before. It kept freezing up and not showing messages or stop information. I rebooted at least eight times.

I told this guy about it and maintained that somehow it contributed to the huge gaps. Why else after years without them would I all of a sudden have dramatic gaps? Very odd.

Is it technically possible for managers to manipulate these numbers? Curious more than paranoid.

McFeely

Huge Member
Some gaps look weird because a regular pup marks the time you open a pup and other mark the time when they were closed (drop boxes, FASCs, etc).

I had this happen once:
Opened up a pup at an office building at 16:34. Scanned 2 letters and closed it. Drove 10 minutes to my next stop, a FASC. Scanned 26 airbills and did all the labels, as well as all the other packages. Closed it out at 17:01. My manager questioned my 27 min gap time that day, saying it only takes 10 minutes to driver there. Not the first or last ridiculous OLCC I’ve gotten. Oh yeah, that day I also ran 109% sph on the route. Go figure.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Some gaps look weird because a regular pup marks the time you open a pup and other mark the time when they were closed (drop boxes, FASCs, etc).

I had this happen once:
Opened up a pup at an office building at 16:34. Scanned 2 letters and closed it. Drove 10 minutes to my next stop, a FASC. Scanned 26 airbills and did all the labels, as well as all the other packages. Closed it out at 17:01. My manager questioned my 27 min gap time that day, saying it only takes 10 minutes to driver there. Not the first or last ridiculous OLCC I’ve gotten. Oh yeah, that day I also ran 109% sph on the route. Go figure.
Wow. You get OLCCs for bad gap times?

SmithBarney

What’s FASC? Are times for on-calls marked when you close them?
FedEx Authorized Ship Center.

Also don't think they can alter gap times, they are dependent on your scan times. a 40min gap time? I mean the gap report shows the stops, you should be able to say Stop A was 1020 and stop B was 1025... you'll see the addresses and the times.
now maybe the LEO time stamps were off, but it would have affected more of your day.
gap report is one of the best reports fedex has, hard to hide.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You don't have a very good grasp about DGO, why would you offer any feedback?
I'm offering more feedback, and better feedback about this issue than you. You retired before LEO was launched and have absolutely zero insight, experience, or knowledge about it or how it works.

Why are you even posting in this thread?

P1 Failure

Go to eOPS and pull up your IIB23 from the day before and compare it to the gap report. Your manager shouldn’t be able to fudge your gap report. That’s falsification and they can be fired.

falcon back

I'm offering more feedback, and better feedback about this issue than you. You retired before LEO was launched and have absolutely zero insight, experience, or knowledge about it or how it works.

Why are you even posting in this thread?
You said you were not in operations. Was curious why you were posting yourself. Gap reports and II B23 have been around for years.
I did use Leo for my time card and pre/post trip.

MassWineGuy

Go to eOPS and pull up your IIB23 from the day before and compare it to the gap report. Your manager shouldn’t be able to fudge your gap report. That’s falsification and they can be fired.

How would I go to eOps?

That same report also had at least one missing POD, which supports Dano’s explanation.