Eye insurance

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
my eye insurance just knocked 450 off the price of prescription designer sunglasses.

Vote yes on contract.

I switched to Geico and saved $451.

Now, back to your $450 claim. Did you just tell us that the Vision benefit now pays for the lenses?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Frames and lenses? That is a new one on me! I, my wife and one of my kids got new glasses in 2017. Not one of them had the lenses covered.

Can anyone confirm this change?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is what we get currently:
Lenses:
Frequency: Every 12 months.
Copay: $0
Coverage: Covered after copay:
Single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal.

In addition to the base lens cost, you should expect to pay no more than the following costs depending on your base lens type and represents a 20-25% savings on the following lens enhancements:
Scratch-Resistant Coating $0
Standard Progressive Lenses $0
Anti-Reflective Coatings $41.00 - $85.00
Custom Progressive Lenses $150.00 - $175.00
Photochromic adaptive lenses $70.00 - $82.00
Tinted (colored) lenses $15.00 - $17.00
Polycarbonate lenses $31.00 - $35.00
Premium Progressive Lenses $95.00 - $105.00
UV Protection $16.00

Frames:
Frequency: Every 24 months.
Copay: $0
Coverage: You have a $120.00* allowance for frames.

If you choose a featured frame brand, you'll get an extra $20.00 to spend, for a total of $140.00* allowance.§

If you choose a Anne Klein, Calvin Klein or Dragon® frame brand, you'll get an extra $40.00 to spend, for a total of $160.00* allowance. This offer expires August 31, 2018.§

Plus, you get 20% off any amount over your allowance.◊

Extra Savings: 20% savings on additional glasses and sunglasses, including lens enhancements, from any VSP provider within 12 months of your last WellVision Exam.◊

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Oakley’s
Good job getting some overpriced :censored2: brand. Try a pair of Maui Jim’s and you’ll see what I’m talking about. And their customer service and 2 year warranty is the best you’ll ever see, google it.

Personal experience, wife broke a pair of Banyan’s, about $250. I called MJ and they said send’m in and we’ll see what we can do. Sent me a new pair, no questions asked.