Facebook

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Grab some popcorn and head over to the UPS facebook page. It's pretty entertaining. About 60% requests for status updates on packages, 30% UPS sucks and 10% people defending us. The surprising part is how many posts are getting deleted by the "social media" team.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't even have Facebook. Just use my wife's too creep on people from time to time.

However Facebook stock has made me a boatload of money this year.

alwaysoverallowed

rbJtJ.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

I was banned from commenting on the UPS Facebook page a long time ago. I've also been banned from the Teamsters page and our local's page. LOL! I have to admit that my banishment from UPS's page was probably warranted but the Teamsters and our local's banishment was pure BS. Lets just say if you don't fall in line with their political agenda they will promptly ban you. Pathetic.

Brownslave688

Just took a look at some of the comments. Wow. Anyone that blames a driver for this mess is a complete maroon.
We are the face of the company though. The general public has no idea how our system works.

We once had a pick up account tell a driver. I guess we won't see you for a few days. Because they were shipping a package to Alaska.

iruhnman630

The amount of people whose packages have been sitting for weeks now, particularly in Texas, is staggering. Brilliant decision making allowing those trailers and the packages in them to sit and wait their turn so other packages would make their transit time commits. Geniuses.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I had to go check out the UPS Facebook page. That's enough of that BS. Maybe things will run smoother next year. :rofl:

Marne Vet

We are the face of the company though. The general public has no idea how our system works.

We once had a pick up account tell a driver. I guess we won't see you for a few days. Because they were shipping a package to Alaska.

I know. I don't mind when someone yells "UPS SUCKS!". I just smile and continue on, but when they start saying "You're a POS! YOU didn't deliver my package etc" then I have a problem with that. If I don't have it, I can't deliver it. My vehicle brought back 4 send agains one day during Peak only because they needed signatures. That's why I said anyone that blames a driver is a maroon. Ignorance of the Law isn't an excuse to get out of a ticket, so I'm not buying their ignorance of my role with UPS. :)

Brownslave688

I know. I don't mind when someone yells "UPS SUCKS!". I just smile and continue on, but when they start saying "You're a POS! YOU didn't deliver my package etc" then I have a problem with that. If I don't have it, I can't deliver it. My vehicle brought back 4 send agains one day during Peak only because they needed signatures. That's why I said anyone that blames a driver is a maroon. Ignorance of the Law isn't an excuse to get out of a ticket, so I'm not buying their ignorance of my role with UPS. :)

Oh I understand and it's really amazing. I mean people ask me which ups store I work at all the time. Everyone and I mean everyone it seems knows someone who works for ups so how can they be so ignorant to the process.

djkre8r

I was reading the comments a couple weeks ago. They were very discouraging. I wanted to comment so bad but, I knew I'd probably be putting my job on the line.
Here's a personal example - My helper and I searched in the dark for 5-10 minutes going in circles for an address. It was 17 Greenleaf Dr. It was also an Amazon pkg and this was 12/23. I KNEW it was a Christmas present so, I went out of my way to find it. Well, we couldn't. I carried it back to the center and they looked it up. It was 17 Green Leaf Trail (also 2 words not 1). I wonder the number of ppl on the Facebook page that complained we didn't deliver and it was THEIR fault for not really CONFIRMING their address while ordering.

iruhnman630

I was reading the comments a couple weeks ago. They were very discouraging. I wanted to comment so bad but, I knew I'd probably be putting my job on the line.
Here's a personal example - My helper and I searched in the dark for 5-10 minutes going in circles for an address. It was 17 Greenleaf Dr. It was also an Amazon pkg and this was 12/23. I KNEW it was a Christmas present so, I went out of my way to find it. Well, we couldn't. I carried it back to the center and they looked it up. It was 17 Green Leaf Trail (also 2 words not 1). I wonder the number of ppl on the Facebook page that complained we didn't deliver and it was THEIR fault for not really CONFIRMING their address while ordering.
There is one poster on the fb page complaining about how bad UPS is for not getting her package delivered even though she admits the shipper addressed the package incorrectly.

jaker

trolling
The only good thing about the Facebook is that info will make to someone who can fix something , because they sure don't listen to us

TheDick

I stopped looking at that ups/friend/b a long time ago. Its all college football stuff. I'm guessing the handler for the friend/b page is a football nut? Not useful.