Failed DOT

Fred870

So I failed my DOT physical, i have always had 20/20 vision and now at my DOT i have 20/100 in my right eye and 20/40 in my left, i never really noticed it getting worse. They voided my current DOT and i had to be taken off of the road. I went to a appointment that day to get glasses and was told it would be 10 buisness days before my glasses come in. What do i do? I know management will be mad but i cant really help how fast they come in. Just wanting some advice

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
So I failed my DOT physical, i have always had 20/20 vision and now at my DOT i have 20/100 in my right eye and 20/40 in my left, i never really noticed it getting worse. They voided my current DOT and i had to be taken off of the road. I went to a appointment that day to get glasses and was told it would be 10 buisness days before my glasses come in. What do i do? I know management will be mad but i cant really help how fast they come in. Just wanting some advice
Tf are you supposed to do? Enjoy the time off man. They can’t mess with you for that. Just make sure you bring some lube with you when you go back

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ask the eye doctor for a trial pair of contact lenses to use while your glasses are being made. Use the contacts to pass the DOT eye test, then you're good to go until your glasses get here.

Fred870

I did ask the doctor for a pair of contacts but they dont have any that will work due to a bad astigmatism in my right eye

Rack em

Made the Podium
I did ask the doctor for a pair of contacts but they dont have any that will work due to a bad astigmatism in my right eye
My eyes are horrible, I am legally blind without contacts or glasses and I have an astigmatism as well and I always get contacts the same day as my appointment. The cheap ass eye doctor must have not wanted to give them away in your case.

Fred870

Well I live in a pretty rural area with not many eye places around, they said they didnt have any trial contacts that were even close to my prescription,

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well I live in a pretty rural area with not many eye places around, they said they didnt have any trial contacts that were even close to my prescription,
That might be the case, that sucks. Well enjoy the time off, sucks it didn't happen during peak ;)

clean hairy

Make the drive to a larger city, you will more than offset that expense by getting back on the road quicker.

rod

Retired 22 years
Let me guess--you just turned 40. Most people wake up on their 40th birthday and their eyes have gone to hell overnight. Its just mother nature letting you know you're getting older.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Get lasik ASAP

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
My eyes are horrible, I am legally blind without contacts or glasses and I have an astigmatism as well and I always get contacts the same day as my appointment. The cheap ass eye doctor must have not wanted to give them away in your case.
1FF65C31-6BF0-4892-B4FA-80A29AB0A166.gif

quad decade guy

That's why I always GO EARLY for my DOT. Matter of fact, I make an appointment with my Family

Dr. about a month before and get a yearly checkup. He, basically does a mini physical......wait for it.....

..even checks your eyes. Blood pressure and such so there are no surprises. Or, so you can make

adjustments....See?(pun intended). The downside(really?) is that your physical date keeps moving

ahead somewhat. BTW-I make an appointment with my eye Dr. a month before also. Now I might

sound like your Dad and all but I could never "afford" to be off work. I had a family to take care of.

Ten days would have killed us financially. BTW-you are using ALL of that wonderful healthcare UPS

provides...right?

Johney

How does anybody fail the eye test? Jesus! It's the same thing every time. Read line 8 please....DEFPOTEC. If you can't memorize 8 letters backward and forwards you got far more problems than eye sight.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I went to a appointment that day to get glasses and was told it would be 10 buisness days before my glasses come in.
What do they have to do, collect some sand from the Sahara Desert , send it to some small town in Bolivia so that a local can hand make the lenses from scratch?
Its 2019, not 1972.
There is more than one Ophthalmologist in your state isn't there