Failure To Obey Traffic Sign

anonymous314

Situation: I was pulled over last Oct. and received a "Failure To Obey Traffic Signal" citation. I just reported it on my MVDC Report.
-I am a cover driver (working preload now).

Question: To what extent will this affect my opportunities to drive? I am very low on seniority and will be a cover driver for years. Thank you in advance.

*Creative sarcasm welcomed*

By The Book

Situation: I was pulled over last Oct. and received a "Failure To Obey Traffic Signal" citation. I just reported it on my MVDC Report.

Question: To what extent will this affect my opportunities to drive? I am very low on seniority and will be a cover driver for years. Thank you in advance.

I think at worst it's 3 years on a moving violation and that ones not that bad, but it's on your record. Did you have an opportunity to take a class to have it removed?

upschuck

If you are a permanent FT driver, don't worry about it, they still have to go by seniority.

I say the if part, because different areas of nation, have different terminology as to what a FT driver is.

Oak

If you have completed your packet, you should be good within the PT cover driver classification.

That said, if a FT position came open you would not be eligible for it as you have a moving violation. New job, new application, blah, blah, blah. I think it's stupid, but what I think doesn't count.

anonymous314

Technically, I am a full time cover driver, only meaning when I DO work, they guarantee me 8hrs minimum. It will be at least 7 years before a full time bid route would open. Due to lack of work, I have been on preload for 2 months now. I cover when needed. Thanks for the insight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Technically, I am a full time cover driver, only meaning when I DO work, they guarantee me 8hrs minimum. It will be at least 7 years before a full time bid route would open. Due to lack of work, I have been on preload for 2 months now. I cover when needed. Thanks for the insight.

You are confusing the terminology.

FTCD is a bid position where you don't have a bid route but are guaranteed to work every day.

PTCD is an insider who drives as needed and is guaranteed 8 hours when you do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Tell everyone the rest of the story...
ups-crash-02.jpg