Fair or foul?

Fair or foul?

• Fair

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Foul

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MendozaJ

There's an 10(?) floor com stop on my route without a receiving area and an entrance accessible only by guard or card. The guards do not sign for anything and have to call the customer down. The customers take their sweet time and often won't sign for anyone else's package. Sometimes the guard isn't there at all, even at a reasonable time.

It's not a heavy stop, they get the occasional drop, but no big deal, which makes it all the more frustrating waiting 5-10 minutes trying to get rid of one or two pieces.

So lately I've been attempting the stop late afternoon before 5PM, because I know the guard is gone for the day, hoping this will deter the employees from ordering personal crap to their workplace. CL1, CL2, CL3, too bad. Ship it to your house next time.

Box Ox

Customers are free to select their service levels. Commercial Ground by 5. Be around until 16:59 or get it sent NDA or Saver.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There's an 10(?) floor com stop on my route without a receiving area and an entrance accessible only by guard or card. The guards do not sign for anything and have to call the customer down. The customers take their sweet time and often won't sign for anyone else's package. Sometimes the guard isn't there at all, even at a reasonable time.

It's not a heavy stop, they get the occasional drop, but no big deal, which makes it all the more frustrating waiting 5-10 minutes trying to get rid of one or two pieces.

So lately I've been attempting the stop late afternoon before 5PM, because I know the guard is gone for the day, hoping this will deter the employees from ordering personal crap to their workplace. CL1, CL2, CL3, too bad. Ship it to your house next time.
Training customers is part of the job sometimes. Do what you gotta do.

Box Ox

We ain't got time to wait around every damn day.

Very few customers realize how much ground we have to cover every day. The few who do and usually get me rolling again as fast as they can get all the favors I can give 'em if needed. They need more time one day, or I'm back in their area during pickups and can save them a will call, etc. Because they're so great to work with versus the customers who never get it but always get a fair shot at a delivery attempt.

AlliSeeisBrown

Fair. I was playing catch up today before pickup commits and I had a com stop and met the guy that always signs and he was on the phone looking right at me, with my diad board extended out. He continued talking and I asked "do you mind signing this real quick?" He ignored me and kept talking on the phone (unimportant conversation). I Ni1 it right in front of him and put the notice on his desk and walked out.

Box Ox

He ignored me and kept talking on the phone (unimportant conversation). I Ni1 it right in front of him and put the notice on his desk and walked out.

100% right thing to do but I'm surprised the customer let it go that far. Usually scanning in the InfoNotice and then pulling out the pen right in front of them does the trick for me.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Totally fair...there's a place with all kinds of security but they won't sign...all they do is tell the customer to walk 500 yards to the loading dock...depending on my mood I'll wait...sometimes I'm gone in 30 seconds other times I'll wait ten minutes

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
There's about 15 different businesses in this one secured area but they all come out to the dock...some will be there almost instantly cause they got tired of having to go pick up their stuff at the building...some still haven't learned

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fair. I was playing catch up today before pickup commits and I had a com stop and met the guy that always signs and he was on the phone looking right at me, with my diad board extended out. He continued talking and I asked "do you mind signing this real quick?" He ignored me and kept talking on the phone (unimportant conversation). I Ni1 it right in front of him and put the notice on his desk and walked out.

How is it NI1 when he was standing right in front of you?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

That's one way to handle it and in my opinion fair.....the other thing you can do is ask your Sup if he wants you to wait for the customer to come down or to sheet it closed and keep going....that will cya by the Sup making the decision not you and you can laugh and question when the Sup talks about servicing customers

clean hairy

"Excuse me. Do you wish to accept, or refuse this delivery?"
No response, or refusing to sign with the diad right under his nose could be construed as refused. RTS, refused. Or, NR1, as he was not ready to sign at time of delivery.

wayfair

swollen member

SDN, type in his last name, met man, 2 for com

or NR1