Falsification multiple choice response.

10 point

After taking the DIAD training detailing when us drivers may actually scan a Next Day Air package the Center Manager told the driver group in the PCM that it was OK to scan them in the parking lot of the commercial building and they didn't have to be at the delivery point. (Residentials are noted differently because we don't normally go inside the house unless it's an apartment building.)
When the steward addressed his statement in front of the group, warning him that he was making us falsify corporate training guidelines and that we could be "disciplined up to and including the loss of your job" he sheepishly said he would stand behind us.
Would you:
A. Notify the 800 hotline for dishonesty.
B. Address it with the Division Manager.
C. Do what he said and hope you can find witnesses to his statement a year from now when you're fighting to get your job back and he's long gone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Does it matter where you scan them? The customer would still have to sign at delivery location. Sign, dump, and go...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your center manager was basing his statement on the fact that Telematics is not accurate to the point of a specific delivery point within that commercial complex. If I pulled in to the parking lot at 1029 I would quickly scan the package and go directly to the delivery point.

The basis of the new guideline was to stop drivers from scanning the NDA away from the delivery point. As many of you know, I was directed to sheet an EAM in the building and then drive 3 miles to deliver it. I scanned it at 0857 and delivered it at 0903. This is the type of falsification that the training was meant to address and eliminate.

Back to your question----I would have no problem scanning the NDA in the parking lot and proceeding directly to the delivery location. Telematics would show me at the delivery point and the NDA would show as being delivered on time.

Z

ZQXC

My personal guideline for scanning NDA would be this: Park the truck in the usual location, engine switched off, seat belt unbuckled, scan, no GPS alarm, proceed with delivery.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I always thought the stop complete was the marker for whether or not something was late. If you stop complete away from the delivery point, you are a fool unless you get a DIAD message telling you to do so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always thought the stop complete was the marker for whether or not something was late. If you stop complete away from the delivery point, you are a fool unless you get a DIAD message telling you to do so.

The time stamp is created when you scan the package.

You would be a fool if you falsified records based solely on a DIAD message. If you did choose to do this, I would strongly suggest you take a cellphone pic of that message as you may need it at your panel hearing.

10 point

Your center manager was basing his statement on the fact that Telematics is not accurate to the point of a specific delivery point within that commercial complex. If I pulled in to the parking lot at 1029 I would quickly scan the package and go directly to the delivery point.

The basis of the new guideline was to stop drivers from scanning the NDA away from the delivery point. As many of you know, I was directed to sheet an EAM in the building and then drive 3 miles to deliver it. I scanned it at 0857 and delivered it at 0903. This is the type of falsification that the training was meant to address and eliminate.

Back to your question----I would have no problem scanning the NDA in the parking lot and proceeding directly to the delivery location. Telematics would show me at the delivery point and the NDA would show as being delivered on time.
That's all fine......until the receptionist/ office manager, etc calls in to complain that you were not there at 10:30 and then the process begins.
I hope everyone realizes that there are two things heavily tracked regarding premium service deliveries. The first is the time you scan the pkg and next is when it is stop completed.
You scan one at 10:29 and deliver it to the 24th floor, stop completing it at 10:39 (or so), there may be issues looming if the consignee calls for the refund.
One day, augmented delivery methods may catch up and corporate training will seal the deal.

After taking the DIAD training detailing when us drivers may actually scan a Next Day Air package the Center Manager told the driver group in the PCM that it was OK to scan them in the parking lot of the commercial building and they didn't have to be at the delivery point. (Residentials are noted differently because we don't normally go inside the house unless it's an apartment building.)
When the steward addressed his statement in front of the group, warning him that he was making us falsify corporate training guidelines and that we could be "disciplined up to and including the loss of your job" he sheepishly said he would stand behind us.
Would you:
A. Notify the 800 hotline for dishonesty.
B. Address it with the Division Manager.
C. Do what he said and hope you can find witnesses to his statement a year from now when you're fighting to get your job back and he's long gone.
D. Call you business agent and have him/her clarify it with labor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's all fine......until the receptionist/ office manager, etc calls in to complain that you were not there at 10:30 and then the process begins.
I hope everyone realizes that there are two things heavily tracked regarding premium service deliveries. The first is the time you scan the pkg and next is when it is stop completed.
You scan one at 10:29 and deliver it to the 24th floor, stop completing it at 10:39 (or so), there may be issues looming if the consignee calls for the refund.
One day, augmented delivery methods may catch up and corporate training will seal the deal.

The tallest bldg I deliver to has 4 floors. It also had the worlds slowest elevator so if I were running late I would take the stairs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
File a grievance under over supervison and force the center manager to address this on paper, with the BA, to alleviate any future dishonesty discipline for anyone that is foolish enough to listen to this idiot center manager. I'd be willing to bet he changes his tune if called to the rug.

Btw, you have a good steward also, make sure you support him.

10 point

The tallest bldg I deliver to has 4 floors. It also had the worlds slowest elevator so if I were running late I would take the stairs.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This post is for everyone. Your posts are diluting the severity of the consequences I'm asking about. I'm talking about people losing their jobs not how to skirt corporate training.
The company is not playing.
We better not either.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you are on property and scan the package, you are on time. You do not have to be in that 2 sq. ft. area where your "delivery point" is.

i.e. If I pull into a place and the competition is on the dock, I'm not going to sit and wait till they leave. I'll park the truck, scan the package, walk it in and get signature, 40 yards from my vehicle and where I scanned the package.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Consignees cannot call UPS for a refund. The shipper is the customer.
A receptionist is not looking at clock and service level ... maybe an hour late but not two or three minutes.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I never had to deal with telematics. They had *just* started delivering air at a certain guaranteed time when I went into feeders 30+ years ago, so I don't have a lot of input on this particular subject. That being said, based on my time spent with this company, *no* way, *no* how would I take a center manager or a CS's word that he would back me up or be my buddy or have my back in *anything*. You know how you can tell if one is lying to you? Their lips are moving! I've had em look me in the eye and say "I never said that!" When they indeed did say it. my 2 bits.