Family of Waco UPS worker who died on the job files wrongful death lawsuit

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Family of Waco UPS worker who died on the job files wrongful death lawsuit - KWTX

The family of a young United Parcel Service (UPS) worker who died on the job in Waco in August has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the company.

Jose Cruz Rodriguez, Jr., 23, was found dead around 2 a.m. August 12 in the parking lot of his work, the UPS Facility at 5700 Franklin Ave.

The civil suit was filed in the State District Court of Dallas County Tuesday. Along with UPS, two of Rodriguez’ supervisors are named as defendants in the suit.

According to the petition filed by Rodriguez’ mother and father, their son died as a result of heat stroke, which was preventable, and as a result, management was negligent.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Family of Waco UPS worker who died on the job files wrongful death lawsuit - KWTX

The family of a young United Parcel Service (UPS) worker who died on the job in Waco in August has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the company.

Jose Cruz Rodriguez, Jr., 23, was found dead around 2 a.m. August 12 in the parking lot of his work, the UPS Facility at 5700 Franklin Ave.

The civil suit was filed in the State District Court of Dallas County Tuesday. Along with UPS, two of Rodriguez’ supervisors are named as defendants in the suit.

According to the petition filed by Rodriguez’ mother and father, their son died as a result of heat stroke, which was preventable, and as a result, management was negligent.
Apparently he was never taught to drink fluids when working on a hot day. He could have prevented his own demise. SMH

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the wrongdoing is probably true. supes used to yell at me to stop telling hourlies to get a drink of water and rest if needed when it was extremely hot.
It's not our fault UPS doesnt hire enough people.

can't believe anyone who sticks up for management.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
the wrongdoing is probably true. supes used to yell at me to stop telling hourlies to get a drink of water and rest if needed when it was extremely hot.

Sure. Another fantasy.Tell us how you saved all the hourlies now! You should write fiction. BTW, no one here cares what you did or what you think. Fraud

oldngray

nowhere special
I've been accused of being a nut case a time or two myself. I'd have a beer with her. :-)
tumblr_lpil1uzBg51qzcoj7o7_500.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

How man hourlies were in the cab with you? This is definitely not one of your better yarns. Step it up.

Karma...

Its a shame that he passed away....1. On the job doesn't include off the clock or in the parking lot..2. a person living/working in Texas should have enough sense to stay hydrated. and that pertains to anywhere..... 3. safety begins with each individual...4. look into the mirror......5. in my day we didnt have management continually provide water..............we were not either enlightened or thought we were entitled.........

Its a shame that he passed away....1. On the job doesn't include off the clock or in the parking lot..2. a person living/working in Texas should have enough sense to stay hydrated. and that pertains to anywhere..... 3. safety begins with each individual...4. look into the mirror......5. in my day we didnt have management continually provide water..............we were not either enlightened or thought we were entitled.........
It's a different generation now blame everyone else because you don't have common sense

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Especially with a name like Jose Cruz Rodriguez you’d think he’d be acclimated to working/living in high heat/humid environments… just saying