Fascism Anyone?

wkmac

This was originally published in Free Inquiry Magazine circa 2003'. Interesting read and even more interesting when observing society in general.

The author Dr. Laurence W. Britt, a political scientist, studied the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile). He found the regimes all had 14 things in common, and he calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism.

P

pickup

This was originally published in Free Inquiry Magazine circa 2003'. Interesting read and even more interesting when observing society in general.

The author Dr. Laurence W. Britt, a political scientist, studied the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile). He found the regimes all had 14 things in common, and he calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism.

wow, 14 for 14 , wkmac. Disturbing.

just to let you know, i watched about the first 20s mins of that "tribalism" video you posted. I got more than enough to get the idea. I found it funny that the person who introduced the speaker commited the sin of "tribalism" with the prayer that she made right before the main speaker got up on stage.

wkmac

wow, 14 for 14 , wkmac. Disturbing.

just to let you know, i watched about the first 20s mins of that "tribalism" video you posted. I got more than enough to get the idea. I found it funny that the person who introduced the speaker commited the sin of "tribalism" with the prayer that she made right before the main speaker got up on stage.

Yeah I found the 14 points of interest as well.

As to tribalism, we're all guilty of it, it's been so deeply embedded in us. You are correct on your observation and we all have a sense of wanting to mean well but the deeper outcomes get blurred and washed aside. Just think of the conflict Bishop Spong must be going through!