Fast and Furious Homegrown

wkmac

BELLEVUE, WA – While Michael Bloomberg has been running around blaming gun laws in other states for his city’s crime problems, eight New York City police officers were allegedly involved in a gun smuggling operation “right under his nose,” the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.
Reuters reported that eight officers have been charged in connection with the case. All were working in Brooklyn, and according to the District Attorney’s office, they “exploited their experience and credentials to assist in a variety of schemes involving the illegal interstate transportation…” of guns, cigarettes, counterfeit goods and slot machines, the news agency said.
“If I were a member of Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “I’d say it was time for Bloomberg to mind his own business. While he was busily suing legitimate gun dealers all over the country and going on television to brag about it, he should have been paying closer attention to what was happening in his own back yard. After all, it was his city employees that have been charged in this illegal gun trafficking scheme.”

Thanks to CopBlock and Citizen's Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

wkmac

You don't make it clear, are you for or against what these cops are doing?

Well I find that a good thing, something worth achieving. Now you can look only at the story itself and based on your own ideals decide how you feel about it.

Well I find that a good thing, something worth achieving. Now you can look only at the story itself and based on your own ideals decide how you feel about it.
You think it's a good thing for cops to be dealing in illegal arms? Well, I guess you could call that free marketing.

wkmac

You think it's a good thing for cops to be dealing in illegal arms? Well, I guess you could call that free marketing.

You could call it that but does it involve force or fraud? If ultimately it does, then the classical liberal traditions of the free market have been violated and thus is it true free market? I say no but if you see marketing force or fraud as OK then so be it. I can then at least understand why you continue to support and defend the existing system that we do have since it is built on that axiom of force and fraud (non transparency) to begin with.

For those here who oppose the force and the fraud in the system, Sheldon Richman, editor of The Freeman Online is writing a continuing series on "Social Cooperation" and how the free market is dependent on such. The link is Pt.3 but it has links to pt. 1 and 2 in the article and it all begins with the fact that the great economist Ludwig Von Mises almost titled his Magnum Opus Human Action as Social Cooperation instead. Even the monopoly of violence by the state ie a compulsory police force is a violation of true free market principles. So in that sense Trplnkl, no, the monopoly police force engaging in market actions that any of the rest of us if we engaged in these same cops would arrest us is not free market. It's market violence and even worse is that these guns just like the drugs pumped into the black neighborhoods on the west coast to create customers for the cops so they can maintain an ever increasing profit line. Would the ever addition of law after law after law be really about market sustainablilty and increasing profit lines than about promoting the idea of good society?

BTW: I've placed Social Cooperation before the Occupy Atlanta folks so we'll see.
:wink2:

And I give you credit due for staying within the premise of the discussion. At least you didn't go off on an unrelated rant.

wkmac

And I give you credit due for staying within the premise of the discussion. At least you didn't go off on an unrelated rant.

I try and save that for later, if the thread does to 2 pages.

And if I can keep you going it will!
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
(CNSNews.com) — Attorney General Eric Holder, in testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday, could not identify a single Justice Department official who was held accountable for the botched gun-walking program known as Operation Fast and Furious.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) asked Holder, “Can you name me one person who’s been held accountable for this Fast and Furious Operation? Just one in the Department of Justice?”

“Well we have made a number of changes with regard to personnel both in the Phoenix U.S. Attorney’s Office, also at the ATF headquarters here,” Holder said. “I will certainly await the report that comes out of the Inspector General. And I will assure you and the American people that people will be held accountable for any mistakes that were made in connection with Fast and Furious.”

Two people connected to Fast and Furious resigned in August — U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke and former Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Active Director Kenneth

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have issues with police acting illegally. It is a simple matter of ethics. Trust. Double Standards. I can not stand double standards of any kind.

I have issues with police acting illegally. It is a simple matter of ethics. Trust. Double Standards. I can not stand double standards of any kind.
I have a huge issue with police acting illegally. Unfortunately we have developed a false sense of security in believing that law enforcement is there to " protect and serve", that simply not the case. They are there to "enforce" the law, which means after the fact of a crime.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This is another example of what is happening in Mexico.

Nuevo Laredo: Man tortured and decapitated for allegedly denouncing cartel activity online

In the predawn hours of Wednesday, November 9, the decapitated body of a male was found at the Christopher Colombus monument in an upscale neighborhood of Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.

A message left alongside the body identified the man as “El Rascatripas", a moderator for the anonymous internet cartel reporting website Nuevo Laredo en Vivo.

The body, which was reported anonymously to the emergency hotline 066, exhibited obvious signs of torture and was face down with hands cuffed behind the back. The male's head was placed upon a threatening message.

The message, which had some of its text covered by the victim's body, read:

“Hola (XD) soy el “rascatripas” y me paso esto por no entender que no debo deportar en las redes sociales, soy un…… como la Nena de Laredo y con este reporte me despido de “Nuevo Laredo en Vivo” siempre recordad….. Nunca olvid….. su moder “Rascatripas”.

Hello! I'm Rascatripas and this happened to me for failing to understand that I should not report things on social media websites. I am a ..... (text covered by body) just like La Nena from Laredo...With this last report I bid farewell to Nuevo Laredo en Vivo.. Always remem... Never For...

Your moderator,

RASCATRIPAS

This death marks the fourth attack on Nuevo Laredo internet users in less than 2 months.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is another example of what is happening in Mexico.

Nuevo Laredo: Man tortured and decapitated for allegedly denouncing cartel activity online

In the predawn hours of Wednesday, November 9, the decapitated body of a male was found at the Christopher Colombus monument in an upscale neighborhood of Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.

A message left alongside the body identified the man as “El Rascatripas", a moderator for the anonymous internet cartel reporting website Nuevo Laredo en Vivo.

The body, which was reported anonymously to the emergency hotline 066, exhibited obvious signs of torture and was face down with hands cuffed behind the back. The male's head was placed upon a threatening message.

The message, which had some of its text covered by the victim's body, read:

“Hola (XD) soy el “rascatripas” y me paso esto por no entender que no debo deportar en las redes sociales, soy un…… como la Nena de Laredo y con este reporte me despido de “Nuevo Laredo en Vivo” siempre recordad….. Nunca olvid….. su moder “Rascatripas”.

Hello! I'm Rascatripas and this happened to me for failing to understand that I should not report things on social media websites. I am a ..... (text covered by body) just like La Nena from Laredo...With this last report I bid farewell to Nuevo Laredo en Vivo.. Always remem... Never For...

Your moderator,

RASCATRIPAS

This death marks the fourth attack on Nuevo Laredo internet users in less than 2 months.
Just makes you want to plan a Mexican vacation, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Arizona strikes back: State investigates feds over gun-running

Arizona's state legislature will open its own investigation into the Obama administration's disgraced gun-running program, known as "Fast and Furious," the speaker of the state House said Friday.
Speaker Andy Tobin created the committee, and charged it with looking at whether the program broke any state laws — raising the possibility of state penalties against those responsible for the operation.