Fast and the furious - UPS trucks on fire.

Does anyone else feel that the Newer automatic UPS trucks are way too fast and handle too well? Every day I'm driving that thing like a sports car, hearing the engine roar, flying down the road. Squeezing through the tightest of spaces. 0 - 30 in half a second. The smell of burning rubber every time I step out of the vehicle. Speed limit? What's that? Every now and then I'm racing someone and I'm usually the winner. How the heck have I not gotten a ticket yet? Why ups truck so fast? When you've got all that speed.. all that power.. All those horses under the hood. Sometimes I wish they'd just give me a stick shift truck just so I can drive slower and.. safer.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Does anyone else feel that the Newer automatic UPS trucks are way too fast and handle too well? Every day I'm driving that thing like a sports car, hearing the engine roar, flying down the road. Squeezing through the tightest of spaces. 0 - 30 in half a second. The smell of burning rubber every time I step out of the vehicle. Speed limit? What's that? Every now and then I'm racing someone and I'm usually the winner. How the heck have I not gotten a ticket yet? Why ups truck so fast? When you've got all that speed.. all that power.. All those horses under the hood. Sometimes I wish they'd just give me a stick shift truck just so I can drive slower and.. safer.

So did you sign up just to tell everyone what a :censored2: you sound like? Wow, 3 idiotic threads in one day...must be bored.

BrownArmy

No.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, the world needs to know what a :censored2: I am.
images

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The trucks are faster so you can run more stops.

UPS4Life

I hope you're joking?????

Just for the record after looking at his user name I just wanted to let everyone know I'm not related and have no idea who he is.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You're a worse liar than you are a driver.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you are ever in my neck of the woods I strongly recommend you not try to race me because you will lose. My package car tops out at 85 mph. Sadly I've gotten it up this fast and not even realized it because it's so smooth.

ManInBrown

I hate people like this. Nothing better to do. They probably lead a terribly miserable life.

The other day I'm driving down a 2 lane road. One of my loop partners in the shoulder mirror tucked in making a delivery on the other side of the street. PC was taking up about half the lane but plenty of room for me to go by. A car coming in the other direction nowhere near approaching me as I'm half in the other lane going by, becomes irate flipping me off, because I didn't wait 15 seconds to let him go first. All I could think of was I make close to 100K a year to hump cardboard and you probably work at McDonald's for 8 bucks an hour. LOL. There are some really sad people out there. Must suck to flip burgers for a living

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Kind of surprised to hear the automatics are faster. A lot of guys in my building beg to take one of the older manuals when they get the shiny new trucks.

Not to mention it seems like my parkers get the manuals a little bit faster in the yard.

oldngray

nowhere special
Kind of surprised to hear the automatics are faster. A lot of guys in my building beg to take one of the older manuals when they get the shiny new trucks.

Not to mention it seems like my parkers get the manuals a little bit faster in the yard.

The automatics are probably faster in good weather compared to many of the old underpowered package cars. The advantage of the manuals is mostly in bad weather.