Fatal Bicycle Accident

My name is Bonnita Bernhardt. I am writing about my husband Tom who died Thursday morning. He was riding his bicycle on Mother’s Day Sunday, slipped on some gravel, and hit his head hard enough to cause a brain bleed. He slipped into a coma after two surgeries to try to stop the bleeding. But he was on blood thinners because he had a heart attack in January and there was no way the Dr. could reverse the effects the blood thinner had on his blood.

I know he enjoyed coming in here and chatting with everyone. I wanted to let you know so you knew where he went.

over9five

Staff member
My name is Bonnita Bernhardt. I am writing about my husband Tom who died Thursday morning. He was riding his bicycle on Mother’s Day Sunday, slipped on some gravel, and hit his head hard enough to cause a brain bleed. He slipped into a coma after two surgeries to try to stop the bleeding. But he was on blood thinners because he had a heart attack in January and there was no way the Dr. could reverse the effects the blood thinner had on his blood.

I know he enjoyed coming in here and chatting with everyone. I wanted to let you know so you knew where he went.
Wishing you the best in this terrible time, Bonnita.
What was his name on this page?

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can't imagine what you're dealing with right now.
I really don't have any other words.
Peace be with you and your family during this time.

542thruNthru

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I liked @barnyard though I didn't know him very well. I will miss his humor and funny snide remarks he'd make. He was also johnny on the spot with shutting down customer threads. Again I'm so sorry for your loss.

@Jones can we maybe move this thread to a area that it will be better seen. Like maybe Life after brown? It's just a thought.

Screenshot_20210516-134547.png

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

I am so very sorry for your loss. He was a really great guy, I will miss him.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
My condolences to you and your family.

He will be missed both family and friends.

Let us know if we can help with anything.

542thruNthru

Thought I'd post a few of the threads that I remembered @barnyard starting that shows some of his contributions to this site and his wife may want to read. He will be missed.

This one stuck with me back when I used to lurk on this site. To this day when I get a package thats obviously a Xmas gift I try to hide it and knock to see if anyone is home first. I think it's a good thread to read for the new guys that need to remember that we are still Santa for some people. Yes he wasn't the one that did it but I was happy he shared it.

This thread I remember well because it showed how even a senior employee needs some help every so often and how much this site can come together to help a member.

Last one, though not one he started but one I remember really well. I had pretty much just gotten into smoking meats and couldn't help but be impressed. It was obvious to me it was something he enjoyed and was good at.
Grills! | Life After Brown

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I am sorry to hear about Tom/Barnyard passing. I knew that he was a package driver/feeder cover who loved to bike. He was also very proud of his family. He was also a mod on another forum, ATV Rider or something like that. At one time our Fitbits were connected in competition, I seldom wear mine anymore. I liked his posts and was often quick to give his opinions to us other mods about how he wanted to deal with certain problems. RIP Tom, he will be missed.