Father baby leave

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Anyone know how much time dad gets off for birth of child? Boss saying 3 days thought it was 5 days.

FMLA, take as much time as you want. I took 3 weeks when mine was born. Your boss is full of crap.

I think you can get 6 or 12 through fmla, not 100% on that

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Nothing paid, take intermittent FMLA. Then you can take off any days needed but unpaid, for a year. If you take weeks you must use your available vaca and you may hold back one week of it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nothing paid, take intermittent FMLA. Then you can take off any days needed but unpaid, for a year. If you take weeks you must use your available vaca and you may hold back one week of it.

You can't do intermittent fmla with the birth of a child. It can only be for caring for a sick relative

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thats what I said, intermittent, so you can take a day here, or there for tests, etc. Important medical days. But I only took it for sick relatives, but I thought it was also for child birth.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You don't have to take it all at once. You can break it up, but only up to 1 year after the birth of your child.

Correct, you can take several " blocks of time", but single days doesn't work, unless the woman who set up my fmla lied to me, or more likely didn't know what the hell she was talking about

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Correct, you can take several " blocks of time", but single days doesn't work, unless the woman who set up my fmla lied to me, or more likely didn't know what the hell she was talking about
We had lots of people abusing it with the single day bs. Management put a stop to that.

MAKAVELI

More than likely she didn't know what she is talking about or just didn't want to give you individual days off.

margaritaville

But if you take FMLA will you get insurance? With the new insurance being so sketchy that would suck to take FMLA and not get all the follow up baby visits covered.