Father of the Year or child abuse?

What is your opinion on the father’s actions?

• Father of the Year

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Child abuse

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Extreme but not child abuse

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...nishing-his-10-year-old-with-run-in-the-rain/

A boy got suspended for being a bully on the bus so his father made him run to school for three days.
This is a hard one for me. Because I feel bullying is blown way up now days.

5th grade boys are gonna wrestle they're gonna fight. It's no different than puppies biting and clawing at each other or a chicken trying to figure out where it belongs in the pecking order.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

5th grade boys are gonna wrestle they're gonna fight. It's no different than puppies biting and clawing at each other or a chicken trying to figure out where it belongs in the pecking order.
True, but bus drivers have to be able to maintain order on the bus.

upschuck

I didn't see how far it was that he had to run. Quickly scanned the article. I like it, if not extremely far.

Bad analogy. Why have rules in the first place?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you listen to the whole video that I posted after, you can tell that the guy is intelligent and applies discipline with love as a parent is supposed to. It’s not reactionary but thought out.

rod

Retired 22 years

A few years from now when your kid comes home from school crying because some big girls were bullying her see if you feel the same.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't have a huge problem with the discipline, but it's a little disturbing that the father is all over facebook and youtube bragging about it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think the video part is excessive and unnecessary but male authority in the family with constructive discipline is what we've been lacking for the last few decades.