Favorite old commercials

moreluck

golden ticket member
Years ago in Bali, a young man was mystified by the Maiden Form. He experienced Vanity by the Fair. He was Barely There when a lady Jockey gave him Spanx !! He eventually learned Victoria's Secret. :wink2:

ups1990

A Charger fan, can appreciate this commercial. I was just a little older than this kid when it came out. Classic.

bbsam

Staff member
Used to be a commercial years ago with a chubby kid dancing and prancing through the neighborhood with an envelope, holding it close to his heart and saying, "I love you, raincheck." For some reason my wife and I just thought it was hysterical.... Well, maybe you had to be there.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I remember a couple: The first was a political ad from the early 60s' A cute blond little girl counting from 1 to 10 but she got stuck on 9. Then an official male voice counting down from 9 to 1 followed by a above ground nuclear explosion. (Think it as an ad against Sen Barry Goldwater)

During the Vietnam war: 2 limos pull into an empty field, 2 guys and their bodyguards get out. The guys take off their suit jackets and start fighting followed by the announcer's voice; "The next time they decide to have a war, why don't the leaders fight it out and leave the rest of the world out of it."

bbsam

Staff member
Along the same lines, that new commercial for Sony with Sulu (Star Trek) seems tacky, a little racist, very gay and ridiculously funny. "oh my!"