Favorite source for Covid info - post here

El Correcto

god is dead
Really though, I just go with my gut instinct.
I type what I feel is the truth into google and then look for confirmation bias. I don’t really care who provides it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Really though, I just go with my gut instinct.
I type what I feel is the truth into google and then look for confirmation bias. I don’t really care who provides it.

I do a general search, and if the first 15 pages of results are the same information from different sources, I automatically suspect the information being presented. Then I do a search for anything contradictory, the harder it is to find an alternative to the majority narrative the more credence I tend to give to it.

Try to keep the BS out.

I trust this guy:
Andy Slavitt @ (@ASlavitt) | Twitter

You need to stop using twitter as a source of information. I don't mind using official sources (CDC or other health organizations) but I don't generally take everything they put out at face value. What information are you talking about? Stats? Information about vaccine or treatment development? General news?

Sportello

You need to stop using twitter as a source of information. I don't mind using official sources (CDC or other health organizations) but I don't generally take everything they put out at face value. What information are you talking about? Stats? Information about vaccine or treatment development? General news?

Andy Slavitt is highly regarded.

He's working to help us, not kill us.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Andy Slavitt is highly regarded.

He's working to help us, not kill us.

I only spent a little time looking into him, but I can't see that he is much more than a secondhand source of information. What value do you think he adds to the situation aside from saying things you agree with? I also can't imagine a better name for a podcast for him than "In the Bubble".

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
The news is just groups of people giving their spin and opinions on events to push an agenda. Don’t care. Don’t watch it. Don’t listen. They’re all dumb :censored2:s. CNN FOX MSNBC all worthless

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I only spent a little time looking into him, but I can't see that he is much more than a secondhand source of information. What value do you think he adds to the situation aside from saying things you agree with? I also can't imagine a better name for a podcast for him than "In the Bubble".
He's a former Obamacare official that constantly makes the rounds on leftist media outlets bashing the Trump administration and pushing for top down federal control of healthcare.

Not as biased as most of the people he appears with but he certainly has an agenda.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Obviously biased.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He's a former Obamacare official that constantly makes the rounds on leftist media outlets bashing the Trump administration and pushing for top down federal control of healthcare.

Not as biased as most of the people he appears with but he certainly has an agenda.
Obviously biased.

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt based on how little time I spent looking into him. My honest impression is he sounds just like every liberal who claims to be centrist/non-partisan but obviously pushes a strong leftist agenda.