Favoritism and special treatment

Memphis

We have a couple guys that share season tickets with our center manager. The one is our safety chairman. He literally drives a package car once every three or four months. The rest he sits in office, takes long lunches and leaves in about 6 hours and gets paid for 8. The other guy sits in the office, plays on his phone for 6 hours and goes home. He has a bid route and makes a coverage driver run his route while he stays in. They where coding it as porter but they caught wind a grievance was coming if this continued for a bid driver bumping a coverage driver, on coverage work (porting). This would also be bidding down which isnt allowed by our ryder. Now they put him in as scheduled off they change it the next day so we dont see it on the report. The guy literally lays down in his seat so when we all leave, he thinks we cant see him hiding so no one gets mad about him staying in the building. If they are made to run a route they get mad and leave to go home with no punishment. Driver sup literally says youre working and they say no im not and leave. I have a couple ideas on how to handle this but want some feed back. One call the theft hotline because management is stealing time and falsifying records. 2 harassment because im a bid driver and i am being singled out to do my work and not offered to stay in (not that id want to) 3. File on a bid driver coming off his route to bump a coverage driver for something easier. 4. File on not bidding sn extra porter job even though we cant bid down, it would create a job for someone to move up. This is the Clarksville IN center...we have 50 drivers and literally have more safety and porter hours than 81st street in Indianapolis.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have a couple guys that share season tickets with our center manager. The one is our safety chairman. He literally drives a package car once every three or four months. The rest he sits in office, takes long lunches and leaves in about 6 hours and gets paid for 8. The other guy sits in the office, plays on his phone for 6 hours and goes home. He has a bid route and makes a coverage driver run his route while he stays in. They where coding it as porter but they caught wind a grievance was coming if this continued for a bid driver bumping a coverage driver, on coverage work (porting). This would also be bidding down which isnt allowed by our ryder. Now they put him in as scheduled off they change it the next day so we dont see it on the report. The guy literally lays down in his seat so when we all leave, he thinks we cant see him hiding so no one gets mad about him staying in the building. If they are made to run a route they get mad and leave to go home with no punishment. Driver sup literally says youre working and they say no im not and leave. I have a couple ideas on how to handle this but want some feed back. One call the theft hotline because management is stealing time and falsifying records. 2 harassment because im a bid driver and i am being singled out to do my work and not offered to stay in (not that id want to) 3. File on a bid driver coming off his route to bump a coverage driver for something easier. 4. File on not bidding sn extra porter job even though we cant bid down, it would create a job for someone to move up. This is the Clarksville IN center...we have 50 drivers and literally have more safety and porter hours than 81st street in Indianapolis.
Has this scenario played out more than 30 times in the last 90 days?

If it has, have you considered filing to make it a "newly created" full time job and bid under Art 3 Sec 7 of your Supplement?

May also be a newly created classification that wasn't negotiated for in our CBA.

Also, watch to see if they aren't coding this time erroneously to "safety".
That's how they do it in my building.
Been waiting about 6 months to get these grievances heard here locally.

Indecisi0n

Your post clearly shows all you drivers are jealous. Do yourself a favor and worry about yourself. We have guys that get babied in my center as well and it use to bother me but not anymore. The more you worry about what other guys are doing the more your just going to drive yourself crazy.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Before you pull the trigger on anything....

You should gather your facts, and schedule a meeting with your Local Union BA.

Reason being, is you don't want the issue to seem like a petty complaint.

You have legitimate concerns with management integrity.

But (more important) there are contractual concerns that should be the focus of the issue.

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

Before you pull the trigger on anything....

You should gather your facts, and schedule a meeting with your Local Union BA.

Reason being, is you don't want the issue to seem like a petty complaint.

You have legitimate concerns with management integrity.

But (more important) there are contractual concerns that should be the focus of the issue.

-Bug-
Key here being you need to gather FACTS. If you can't prove it 100% then don't even mention it. Changing a code off by management can't be proven since they are the ones in control of it. Like bug said it's going to make you look like you are whining. The only attention your going to get is from management and not the good kind.

Also keep in mind it's not in the contract that management can't like a certain driver and favor him but there are still rules. You better just be really clear of those lines before you start this fight.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Key here being you need to gather FACTS. If you can't prove it 100% then don't even mention it. Changing a code off by management can't be proven since they are the ones in control of it. Like bug said it's going to make you look like you are whining. The only attention your going to get is from management and not the good kind.

Also keep in mind it's not in the contract that management can't like a certain driver and favor him but there are still rules. You better just be really clear of those lines before you start this fight.
Not true.

Every time they adjust a time card or delivery record, it is transparent within the Company's records and obtainable through a Union information request.
Nothing can be deleted, rather only "altered" in a separate column, with the name of the Supe who made the adjustment.

I have seen these documents and multiple supes walked out, or demoted, for these types of integrity issues that were proven through the records.

Memphis

It is all being documented by writing and pictures. Thanks for the input, it appears we have everything to proceed with the grievance process. Will contact my BA first though.

Indecisi0n

Not true.

Every time they adjust a time card or delivery record, it is transparent within the Company's records and obtainable through a Union information request.
Nothing can be deleted, rather "altered" in a separate column, with the name of the Supe who made the adjustment.

I have seen these documents and multiple supes walked out, or demoted, for these types of integrity issues that were proven through the records.
I meant on the line up sheet in the morning. As people call out and code off they write down what the driver is coaxed before it gets input into the system. Drivers normally see Thai sheet on the desk and use that as fact and it can't be. It could says code 29 on the sheet but the manager puts a code 5 in the system.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I meant on the line up sheet in the morning. As people call out and code off they write down what the driver is coaxed before it gets input into the system. Drivers normally see Thai sheet on the desk and use that as fact and it can't be. It could says code 29 on the sheet but the manager puts a code 5 in the system.
All that and more is contained on the daily report, we call it "the racing form".

That's where the truth is contained, if you know how to read it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes, they are putting it in as scheduled off and then changing it the following morning to porter or shuttle. Falsifying documents
I believe, as you dig deeper, you will find in many instances the falsification is executed by the PM OMS people, on instruction of those who know better.
This is a common tactic used to insulate themselves from the heat.
Then, they claim "it was all a misunderstanding", "we have fixed it".....

.....that is until the next time.

These supervisors are the worse and as dishonest as they come.
They set the bar, through lies and deception, so high that the only way to not fall behind is to continue to lie, cheat, and steal.
It's an endless loop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am hoping.... thats not you really meant.

All elected Union Stewards opinions.... matter.

-Bug-
Don't you have a couple of "Nothingless Fluff" contract proposal threads to tend to?

What happened to the classless thread you started about the newly elected, two week on the job Central Region VP's?