Favoritism?

Should I give a damn or let this lame sheit go?

• Yay

• Nay

• wait and see if it happend again>?

• Not enough people use this website to use Polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

shaco

The Demon Jester
so usually I don't really care about this sort of thing because people leave early all the time to go to another job ect... but recently my very small center has been cracking down on this issue and making sure if the sort runs past 9:00 (our driver start time) that our loaders stay till 9:15 (our center manager says its actually 9:20 but I think its supposed to be 9:15) Isn't an issue for me because I'm not an idiot and I don't let my side gigs and other jobs don't interfere with my part time ups job

but today, maybe yesterday maybe a week ago maybe a month ago, but most likely today. I watched a Preloader scoot on out the damn door at 9.00 who I know damn well is headed out to catch their amazon flex shift that for which he has to be present at 9.05

I confronted our full time supervisor about it and they covered for the guy saying he told them he had an appointment before the sort started (an absolute mouthful of horse dookie btw) because the sort never runs past 9:00am and ik where he had to be at 9:05.

also not even 2 weeks ago I watched these supervisors tell someone they could not leave at 9:00 am when they had told management about their appointment prior to the sort starting...

and none of these appointment goers are being asked to bring in doctors notes so what gives...

TLDR: Homie got to leave the sort early, I'm a little heated about it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You need to mind your own damn business if you ratted me out like that we’d be having a short conversation in the parking lot
What a pos. Guy trying to get to his second job and you wanna play hall monitor
:censored2: off

nWo

Where's the logic in having everyone stay to 9:20?

Management does not need your permission to let the guy clock out.

Box Handler of Dallas

For preload here, we're required to work til 9am, if needed. After 9, they cannot force us to stay. I've been stopped on my way out the door at 9:05 with a full time telling me I was required to stay. I said get a steward to back that up as I walked right past the guy. Never heard another word from the guy after that.

shaco

The Demon Jester
You need to mind your own damn business if you ratted me out like that we’d be having a short conversation in the parking lot
What a pos. Guy trying to get to his second job and you wanna play hall monitor
:censored2: off
well I lost my 77$ block today and this guy gets to leave the building and provide for his family? feel free to buy my grocery's for the week :P

shaco

The Demon Jester
For preload here, we're required to work til 9am, if needed. After 9, they cannot force us to stay. I've been stopped on my way out the door at 9:05 with a full time telling me I was required to stay. I said get a steward to back that up as I walked right past the guy. Never heard another word from the guy after that.
does it say this in the NMA or the Western Supplement? cause that would really help me and another coworker who they wont let leave at 9 am out

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
well I lost my 77$ block today and this guy gets to leave the building and provide for his family? feel free to buy my grocery's for the week :P
6agEDpMDwdWw.gif

shaco

The Demon Jester
Here people leave when their set is finished.
nah my mans left and not only did a supervisor cover for him verbally but another covered his trucks.. so my mans gets to leave early and no union members got paid for the work that was being done. Again it does not make sense to me why management would get to pick and choose who leaves and who stays.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
does it say this in the NMA or the Western Supplement? cause that would really help me and another coworker who they wont let leave at 9 am out
IMG_1525.jpeg

If you have seniority they must have that in consideration when offering people the right to work. You have the right for work not to leave early. However check your supplement for extra language. I usually use my seniority to leave when they let people under me go since they never ask from the top and force from the bottom, however I usually stay until the end because as a stew :censored2: can get awry at the last minute and the sort will be :censored2:ed.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
nah my mans left and not only did a supervisor cover for him verbally but another covered his trucks.. so my mans gets to leave early and no union members got paid for the work that was being done.
File for them working and get paid.
Again it does not make sense to me why management would get to pick and choose who leaves and who stays.
Management typically have room temperature IQs.

shaco

The Demon Jester
View attachment 428384
If you have seniority they must have that in consideration when offering people the right to work. You have the right for work not to leave early. However check your supplement for extra language. I usually use my seniority to leave when they let people under me go since they never ask from the top and force from the bottom, however I usually stay until the end because as a stew :censored2: can get awry at the last minute and the sort will be :censored2:ed.
I understand seniority and use mine on a daily basis as I am in the top 5-10 Preloaders idk wtf I'm supposed to do in this situation tho. I :censored2: you not less than a month ago there was another Preloader who got job at sams and wanted to leave at 9 am everyday this guy got into a scuffle with the center manager about it so if its such a big deal when others wanna leave whyduheck do certain loaders get to scoot out the door the second sort runs past 9

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I understand seniority and use mine on a daily basis as I am in the top 5-10 Preloaders idk wtf I'm supposed to do in this situation tho. I :censored2: you not less than a month ago there was another Preloader who got job at sams and wanted to leave at 9 am everyday this guy got into a scuffle with the center manager about it so if its such a big deal when others wanna leave whyduheck do certain loaders get to scoot out the door the second sort runs past 9
That’s disparate treatment and falls under harassment under NMA 37. Idk how preload works, but generally just WAD and file on it later. They typically stop pulling their bull:censored2: after that.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Not a good idea.

WAD always. If you disobey a direct order on the clock that isn't on the grounds of safety or illegal stuff, you could easily end up getting an unpaid vacation or worse.

It's always better to have a job and file a grievance afterwards than martyr yourself trying to prove a point to a management team that doesn't care.

shaco

The Demon Jester
That’s disparate treatment and falls under harassment under NMA 37. Idk how preload works, but generally just WAD and file on it later. They typically stop pulling their bull:censored2: after that.
well I suppose this will help in the future at least ill let this one go and maybe file on the sup working. Providing I see this dude leave the next time sort runs after 9 something is going to be done about it. Elaboration on WAD (the meaning) please and ty

WAD - Work As Directed?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
well I suppose this will help in the future at least ill let this one go and maybe file on the sup working. Providing I see this dude leave the next time sort runs after 9 something is going to be done about it. Elaboration on WAD (the meaning) please and ty

WAD - Work As Directed?
You are correct.
Work as directed.

Your career here at UPS will go by much more pleasantly if you focus on your own work instead of your neighbors.
But to each his own.

shaco

The Demon Jester
You are correct.
Work as directed.

Your career here at UPS will go by much more pleasantly if you focus on your own work instead of your neighbors.
But to each his own.
I agree and Ill have time to think about it.

Blatant disrespect from management is what has me peeved my center has been cutting corners left and right during the last few months and its getting to the point where it might actually be worth it to file some grievances and see what happens

there is nay a single Preloader that file's.