FBI/CIA ; Hate Crimes Up Nationwide

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sorry , do not have a link but this is not surprising. It's nature following it's course.

One. The Internet makes the world smaller and smaller .
Two. Over population

Or people feel their space is being violated .

There is a well known study with rats and population theory. When there is a habitat where there is plenty of space for rats then they get along great. There is no fighting , no hoarding of food , and more cooperation.

Then they added more rats slowly. The scientists started noticing unusual behavior. Territorialism (sp) , hoarding and slight bickering. As they added more rats these traits became worse. Fighting was more common. Biting. Severe hoarding and fighting for space. In the end where there was too many rats, killing started happening.

Humans are acting the same way. We are still animals .

If your Hub has doubled in numbers in the last 5 years , are you noticing something like this.??? Drivers at my hub have told me there are more problems between people that they have ever seen. More arguments , more confrontations , more competition.

Very interesting

quad decade guy

My hub just seems like the wild west....employees do whatever they want. Which leads to reckless behavior.. The biggest threat to safety and security to me, is contractors and civilians. They roam freely at my hub. Mgmt seems overwhelmed and opaque.

trickpony1

Very interesting
I studied an experiment while in school.
Researchers put ten rats in a room that had nothing but food, water, nesting material and cameras on the ceiling.

They watched the rats to determine which was the most dominant (hoarded the food, water and materials) and which rat was the most submissive (waited until every other rat was done with food, water, material).

They then got rid of the other rats.

The researchers then put low voltage electric mesh on the floor and an on/off switch within easy reach of the rats.
The rats were then placed, individually, in the room and shocked. Each rat learned quickly to run over and flip the switch to stop the shock.

They then put both rats in the room and applied the shock.
What happened and what's it called?

I can wait......

quad decade guy

Researchers put ten rats in a room that had nothing but food, water, nesting material and cameras on the ceiling.

They watched the rats to determine which was the most dominant (hoarded the food, water and materials) and which rat was the most submissive (waited until every other rat was done with food, water, material).

The researchers then put low voltage electric mesh on the floor and an on/off switch within easy reach of the rats.
The rats were then placed, individually, in the room and shocked. Each rat learned quickly to run over and flip the switch to stop the shock.

I can wait......
Sure not what happens on BC

Poop Head

Judge me.

I can wait......
Awesome

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My hub just seems like the wild west....employees do whatever they want. Which leads to reckless behavior.. The biggest threat to safety and security to me, is contractors and civilians. They roam freely at my hub. Mgmt seems overwhelmed and opaque.
sorry , do not have a link but this is not surprising. It's nature following it's course.

One. The Internet makes the world smaller and smaller .
Two. Over population

Or people feel their space is being violated .

There is a well known study with rats and population theory. When there is a habitat where there is plenty of space for rats then they get along great. There is no fighting , no hoarding of food , and more cooperation.

Then they added more rats slowly. The scientists started noticing unusual behavior. Territorialism (sp) , hoarding and slight bickering. As they added more rats these traits became worse. Fighting was more common. Biting. Severe hoarding and fighting for space. In the end where there was too many rats, killing started happening.

Humans are acting the same way. We are still animals .

If your Hub has doubled in numbers in the last 5 years , are you noticing something like this.??? Drivers at my hub have told me there are more problems between people that they have ever seen. More arguments , more confrontations , more competition.

Very interesting
We’ve got the BC brain trust working on this Should have an answer forthcoming

oldngray

nowhere special
We’ve got the BC brain trust working on this Should have an answer forthcoming
monkeys_with_computers.jpg

trickpony1

I'm sure some BC members will internalize this and feel I am directing this towards them. This is not the case.
This is pure academia.

While enduring low voltage shock, the dominant rat will prevent the submissive rat from flipping the switch to stop the shock.
This is known as "dominance stupidity" and it occurs frequently on BC, at work and in real life.

"How does this apply to humans?", you ask.
An example:
-you're driving your car on a dark street;
-a car comes towards you with it's bright lights on;
-you flash your high beams and he does nothing;
-you flash your high beams again and he does nothing;
-you wait until he is very close and hit your high beams and leave them on.....knowing, full well, this increases the chance of a nasty accident.

There are other examples.
Don't be dominantly stupid.
Learning is fun.

Hope this helps.