FBI: North Korea responsible for Sony hack

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
FBI: North Korea responsible for Sony hack

North Korea is officially responsible for the cyber attack on Sony Pictures, the FBI announced Friday.

An FBI investigation linked the malware, infrastructure and techniques a group of hackers called "Guardians of Peace" used in the Sony attack to previous North Korean cyber attacks. The North Korean-backed hackers broke into Sony's servers, published private emails and information and threatened to attack movie theaters screening "The Interview," a comedy film about an assassination plot on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The official report that North Korea was behind one of the largest and disruptive cyber attacks on a major company confirms what most already suspected throughout the past few weeks, though the larger question -- how will the United States respond -- remained unanswered.

What's next? Is this the beginning of more cyber attacks and what should our response be?

rod

Retired 22 years
North Korea got what they wanted. Is anyone dumb enough to think we have heard the end of this kind of attack?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You know how to overthrow the current NK government ?
Load up our fleet of B-52s with bags of rice with pictures on the outside stating that these bags are free from the USA . And parachute them into the countryside .

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Obama: Sony 'made a mistake' by pulling 'Interview' movie

President Barack Obama said Friday in his year-end news conference that he believes Sony Pictures erred in its decision to cancel the release of "The Interview."

"I wish they would have spoken to me first," he said. "We can’t start changing our patterns of behavior any more than we can stop going to a football game because of the possibility of a terrorist attack."

"We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship here in the U.S.," Obama added.

moreluck

golden ticket member
PlantB20141220_low.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Obama: Sony 'made a mistake' by pulling 'Interview' movie

President Barack Obama said Friday in his year-end news conference that he believes Sony Pictures erred in its decision to cancel the release of "The Interview."

"I wish they would have spoken to me first," he said. "We can’t start changing our patterns of behavior any more than we can stop going to a football game because of the possibility of a terrorist attack."

"We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship here in the U.S.," Obama added.
Ironic considering he's usually the first one to bend to please people who hate us anyway.

Indecisi0n

Hacking a movie production company is child's play in the grand scheme of things. I don't know why so many people are worried about this.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hacking a movie production company is child's play in the grand scheme of things. I don't know why so many people are worried about this.
It exposes just how silly the whole movie industry is .
Sony claims that the movie houses requested not to show the movie . That maybe true , but one also has to remember that many movie houses are exactly owned by China and China supports NK .

Indecisi0n

It exposes just how silly the whole movie industry is .
Sony claims that the movie houses requested not to show the movie . That maybe true , but one also has to remember that many movie houses are exactly owned by China and China supports NK .
The movie houses only did this to cover their butts because of the threat to "create another 9/11 on houses showing this film".