FDX Quarterly Statement

FedGT

"Third, we are seeing a significant increase in non-traditional items now being purchased online, mattresses to new swing sets and big-screen TVs just to name a few. We welcome this opportunity, but it is important that we price these items accordingly to account for the operational complexities such as manual sortation to person delivery etc. As a result, we will be adjusting the initial handling surcharge for FedEx Ground. Today, if a package length is greater than 60 inches an additional handling surcharge will be applied. Beginning June 1, the maximum length will be reduced from 60 inches to 48 inches. We believe 48 inches is appropriate as it is the standard length of an LTL pallet. It is important to remember that the primary value proposition of e-commerce is the ability to order a product online and have it reliably delivered to the consumer."

I don't think we welcome these opportunities, we know we won't see any of the surcharge money and it is wishful thinking but hopefully mattresses and these other OS packages start being priced high enough that they ship through another process.

Bounty

"Third, we are seeing a significant increase in non-traditional items now being purchased online, mattresses to new swing sets and big-screen TVs just to name a few. We welcome this opportunity, but it is important that we price these items accordingly to account for the operational complexities such as manual sortation to person delivery etc. As a result, we will be adjusting the initial handling surcharge for FedEx Ground. Today, if a package length is greater than 60 inches an additional handling surcharge will be applied. Beginning June 1, the maximum length will be reduced from 60 inches to 48 inches. We believe 48 inches is appropriate as it is the standard length of an LTL pallet. It is important to remember that the primary value proposition of e-commerce is the ability to order a product online and have it reliably delivered to the consumer."

I don't think we welcome these opportunities, we know we won't see any of the surcharge money and it is wishful thinking but hopefully mattresses and these other OS packages start being priced high enough that they ship through another process.
Negotiate that you need more $ for the big stuff. Hahaha. I had to do it.

Bounty

Ha..ha...ha

Couldn't imagine you would say that. You got two more stupid punch lines want to go ahead and say those too while the grown ups talk.
What do the grown ups have to talk about?
Just deliver the bigger heavier stuff for no extra compensation. It's not like you are independent business and can make a business decision. That's already been done for you.

bbsam

Staff member

Actually we were told last week that additional settlement for OS would be starting again soon. No mention of amount or anything so it could be more insulting than compensatory.

FedGT

Actually we were told last week that additional settlement for OS would be starting again soon. No mention of amount or anything so it could be more insulting than compensatory.
That would be awesome. Even if it is low it is better than just dealing with it.

FedGT

they also say they are changing OS packages from 60" down to 48" so that would be incredibly beneficial.

It will be fine

I haven't heard that rumor. I can't imagine why they would or that it would actually end up helping any. They might add a bucket in the negotiations, but they'll just take money from somewhere else to fill it.

bbsam

Staff member
I haven't heard that rumor. I can't imagine why they would or that it would actually end up helping any. They might add a bucket in the negotiations, but they'll just take money from somewhere else to fill it.
I heard it straight from our managing director. Not the kind of guy to speak before finalized but it's possible.

FedGT

Just because they lowered the size doesn't mean anything to the contractor. Hey, I told him about my bridge first.
Hard hitting analysis once again. It was a hypothetical based on what BB said.
In regards to the ignorant bridge comment there is nothing to even respond to. They are changing OS size on June 1st and charging the client more, don't know where your disconnect is. I'm not holding my breath that we will make more, will believe it when I see it.

Bounty

Hard hitting analysis once again. It was a hypothetical based on what BB said.
In regards to the ignorant bridge comment there is nothing to even respond to. They are changing OS size on June 1st and charging the client more, don't know where your disconnect is. I'm not holding my breath that we will make more, will believe it when I see it.
Your quote was "incredibly beneficial". You seem a little gullible. Trust me it won't be "incredibly beneficial" to you. I would love to "negotiate" a contract with you.

FedGT

"Would be" was also there. No chance you can outsmart me. Wishful thinking to negotiate with me, way out of your pay scale and I only deal with intelligent professionals that haven't previously been thrown out like garbage.

Bounty

"Would be" was also there. No chance you can outsmart me. Wishful thinking to negotiate with me, way out of your pay scale and I only deal with intelligent professionals that haven't previously been thrown out like garbage.
You still don't realize you never negotiated anything. I'm also selling a 1973 canary yellow pinto with no motor. You in?

Bounty

You still don't realize you never negotiated anything. I'm also selling a 1973 canary yellow pinto with no motor. You in?

FedGT

You also don't know anything or listen. I am not ISP or negotiating any time soon. Don't need to negotiate every year when I am automatically renewed. Making money and content with the agreement.

Last edited:

Bounty

You also don't know anything or listen. I am not ISP or negotiating any time soon. Don't need to negotiate every year when I am automatically renewed. Making money and content with the agreement.
Tell you the truth, I haven't paid much attention to your situation.