Fed expanding Ground facilities

NC man

FedEx is spending heavily to allow itself to take in more package volume in the future. The company expects to “substantially increase capacity” for the next holiday shipping season by making big investments in FedEx Ground, Subramaniam said. The company is adding 16 new automated facilities and expanding more than 100 of its existing facilities, he said.

“We’re also expanding our operational solutions that maximize how and when we’re using these existing buildings, for instance, like when we run multiple preloads in an existing building,” said FedEx Ground CEO John Smith.

Matt Arnold, a FedEx analyst at Edward Jones, said in a note that investments in package sorting capabilities and fuel-efficient planes will help the company as it tries to translate rising volumes into profitable growth.

“We expect these investments to drive efficiency and better profitability over time,” he said.

bacha29

FedEx is spending heavily to allow itself to take in more package volume in the future. The company expects to “substantially increase capacity” for the next holiday shipping season by making big investments in FedEx Ground, Subramaniam said. The company is adding 16 new automated facilities and expanding more than 100 of its existing facilities, he said.

“We’re also expanding our operational solutions that maximize how and when we’re using these existing buildings, for instance, like when we run multiple preloads in an existing building,” said FedEx Ground CEO John Smith.

Matt Arnold, a FedEx analyst at Edward Jones, said in a note that investments in package sorting capabilities and fuel-efficient planes will help the company as it tries to translate rising volumes into profitable growth.

“We expect these investments to drive efficiency and better profitability over time,” he said.
This part will be the easy part. Simply put up larger buildings in order to put more boxes in the buildings. The challenge will be for contractors to find enough grunts to haul the boxes out of the buildings. Then again, that's a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Have you seen an official announcement about raises? As usual, you spew garbage about something you know absolutely nothing about.
You our sad little troll are garbage just like your buddy Trump (he lost by the way) and I do know the sad history about raises at FedEx. They are pathetic and people have every right to complain. Earning power becomes less and less every year while the company demands more, more and more but you have your head up Fred’s ass way too far to notice.

falcon back

You our sad little troll are garbage just like your buddy Trump (he lost by the way) and I do know the sad history about raises at FedEx. They are pathetic and people have every right to complain. Earning power becomes less and less every year while the company demands more, more and more but you have your head up Fred’s ass way too far to notice.
In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about.

zeev

Without a union Express will never see raises only decreases the health insurance is awful, the pension is gone wake up accept reality.

falcon back

Without a union Express will never see raises only decreases the health insurance is awful, the pension is gone wake up accept reality.
So you have seen documentation that there will be no raise for employees this year?
Are you not in the Portable Pension that every employee that was hired before last year is in?

bacha29

And here's the good part. Some data was made public yesterday. The US birth rate has been going down since 2007 . As a result the US birth rate is now the lowest since 1930.
It only stands to reason. US women want to be wealthy, professionally successful and independent.... the same as men.
So if you're a contractor and if Fat Freddy's plan to expand capacity and do 2 or more sorts per day comes to fruition.... the supply of the kind of labor you depend on doesn't look like it's going to grow very much.

zeev

So you have seen documentation that there will be no raise for employees this year?
Are you not in the Portable Pension that every employee that was hired before last year is in?
I have seen documentation for step raises that never occurred, in regards to the Portable Pension it’s small size makes it very portable.

falcon back

I have seen documentation for step raises that never occurred, in regards to the Portable Pension it’s small size makes it very portable.
So you will say no when they offer the raise this year? So you have contacted the pension department and tell them you don't want the Portable Pension either?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So you will say no when they offer the raise this year? So you have contacted the pension department and tell them you don't want the Portable Pension either?
Mind your own business for once will ‘ya? If you don’t like hearing someone complain about FedEx, do us all a great big favor and leave here for good.

falcon back

Mind your own business for once will ‘ya? If you don’t like hearing someone complain about FedEx, do us all a great big favor and leave here for good.
Retiring broke made you really angry. I bet you were angry when you worked but when you saw others prosper during retirement while you struggle, your bitterness escalated.

bacha29

The trouble is that Old Falcon Fart simply cannot cope with the fact that the FDX he once knew is no longer around. Where it once stood out by doing something nobody else did , today what it once did exclusively everybody's doing and as result it has simply fallen back in with the rest of the pack. Today, many of the jobs are being filled with job drifters, scab contractors and throw away temporaries. Something you would never have seen generation ago.

Sorry to have to tell you this Old Falcon Fart but this is the FDX of today. Now I'm sure that you harbor many pleasant memories of your time with the company..... but that's the problem..... they're just memories.... nothing more.

falcon back

The trouble is that Old Falcon Fart simply cannot cope with the fact that the FDX he once knew is no longer around. Where it once stood out by doing something nobody else did , today what it once did exclusively everybody's doing and as result it has simply fallen back in with the rest of the pack. Today, many of the jobs are being filled with job drifters, scab contractors and throw away temporaries. Something you would never have seen generation ago.

Sorry to have to tell you this Old Falcon Fart but this is the FDX of today. Now I'm sure that you harbor many pleasant memories of your time with the company..... but that's the problem..... they're just memories.... nothing more.
The only thing I can't cope with is my horrible golf game. I put 5 in the water today. That is a personal best or worst, depending how you look at it. The state of the company isn't on my mind 24/7 like it is you. I don't even believe you were an employee, just a sorry contractor. From what I saw, they were the scum of the earth, kinda like you.

bacha29

The only thing I can't cope with is my horrible golf game. I put 5 in the water today. That is a personal best or worst, depending how you look at it. The state of the company isn't on my mind 24/7 like it is you. I don't even believe you were an employee, just a sorry contractor. From what I saw, they were the scum of the earth, kinda like you.
Since you're always on here defending Fat Freddy one can only conclude that he's on your mind 24/7 . And BTW , you never the wit or the intellectual capacity to inflict any damage on my self esteem. So go back to what you call your "golf game" . (lol).