FedEx As Second Job

herbigharo32

Recently, I took a second job at Amazon twilight sort (sortation center) to supplement my hours at UPS. Schedule-wise, it is a decent plan. My only concern is if my hours at UPS do not go back up, I may want to get something a little more stable for a second job. Is FedEx Ground okay with having an employee who also works at UPS? Amazon is totally cool with it despite being pretty much the same work.

bacha29

Recently, I took a second job at Amazon twilight sort (sortation center) to supplement my hours at UPS. Schedule-wise, it is a decent plan. My only concern is if my hours at UPS do not go back up, I may want to get something a little more stable for a second job. Is FedEx Ground okay with having an employee who also works at UPS? Amazon is totally cool with it despite being pretty much the same work.
Right now there's supposed to be a hiring freeze and they announced a couple of hours ago a 10% cut in corporate officers and directors. Estimated number....about 55,000.

purplelife

Right now there's supposed to be a hiring freeze and they announced a couple of hours ago a 10% cut in corporate officers and directors. Estimated number....about 55,000.
But if it's just officers and directors how many could that be? Total employees is about 550k but how many actually get shown the door? Long overdue but doubt it'll be enough.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Are you under the impression that all of FedEx's employees are management????? smh:lol:

AB831

That seems like the exact kind of thing fedex would nitpick over

bacha29

Are you under the impression that all of FedEx's employees are management????? smh:lol:
No I am not. However the press release also mentioned the fact consolidation of operations will continue. Perhaps now they may finally be a genuine effort to eliminate duplication. Now when it mentioned "directors" I don't think they meant board of directors but regional directors which is what they call people who are managers of regional operations. A severe recession and the prospect of a full scale war in Europe this summer might be compelling the company to undertake some pretty serious moves in advance.

vantexan

No I am not. However the press release also mentioned the fact consolidation of operations will continue. Perhaps now they may finally be a genuine effort to eliminate duplication. Now when it mentioned "directors" I don't think they meant board of directors but regional directors which is what they call people who are managers of regional operations. A severe recession and the prospect of a full scale war in Europe this summer might be compelling the company to undertake some pretty serious moves in advance.
There won't be a full scale war in NATO nations this summer.

bacha29

There won't be a full scale war in NATO nations this summer.
Something we had not seen to this point in the conflict. Russian installations inside it's own borders getting hit. F16's manned by Ukraine pilots expected to be ready to get in the war within a few months Growing support for Ukraine's immediate admission to NATO. Germany sending tanks. Poland arming itself to the teeth.

vantexan

Something we had not seen to this point in the conflict. Russian installations inside it's own borders getting hit. F16's manned by Ukraine pilots expected to be ready to get in the war within a few months Growing support for Ukraine's immediate admission to NATO. Germany sending tanks. Poland arming itself to the teeth.
Been seeing much of that for awhile. NATO countries have about 9 times the population, and many, many times the manufacturing compared to Russia. Putin isn't going to attack anyone in NATO. Not to mention Russian troops are getting chewed up in Ukraine. This is likely the last major war Russia can conduct because their demographics are collapsing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s possible. It would reduce population which is one of the agendas.
I agree malthusianism is a core tenet for the church of leftism, but I don't think war is how they want to accomplish that goal.

I think the left inflaming the conflict in Ukraine is more about money, and as a bonus, distraction.

vantexan

Wouldn't be so sure.
There are a lot of very stupid people pushing for Ukraine to be admitted to NATO. The result would be full scale NATO war.
If Russia has its hands full with Ukraine how are they going to handle NATO? Ukraine flirting with NATO was just the pretext Putin needed to try and conquer coveted Ukraine.

fedx

Extra Large Package
If Russia has its hands full with Ukraine how are they going to handle NATO? Ukraine flirting with NATO was just the pretext Putin needed to try and conquer coveted Ukraine.

Ukraine flirting with NATO would be like Mexico or Canada flirting with joining the Warsaw Pact in the 1980s. Do you think the US would have allowed it? We didn't even allow Cuba to get nukes in the 1960s. Russia doesn't want a country that has historically been under their control to go an join the west and put nukes right up on their border. Moreover, Ukraine's government was overthrown in 2014 and had a western puppet government installed in its place. The problems with Ukraine and Russia have been brewing for a while now.