FedEx "Benefits"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

I just received this in the mail today. A few weeks ago I received something else about other "benefits" available to us such as life counselors, weight loss counselors and smoking cessation. That pamphlet had testimonials from employees raving about how happy they were with these programs. Not a one was from a front line Express DGO employee. I found that a little odd. Did any of you notice that? Also, did you have the same thought I had, that if they stopped wasting money on fancy propaganda, and put it into our insurance that we might actually have an insurance we can really benefit from? Maybe I'm becoming too cynical. Please, do tell me what you think.

STFXG

Sounds like programs aimed to lower their costs for those benefits. All those programs would lead to less claims.

By The Book

View attachment 33511

I just received this in the mail today. A few weeks ago I received something else about other "benefits" available to us such as life counselors, weight loss counselors and smoking cessation. That pamphlet had testimonials from employees raving about how happy they were with these programs. Not a one was from a front line Express DGO employee. I found that a little odd. Did any of you notice that? Also, did you have the same thought I had, that if they stopped wasting money on fancy propaganda, and put it into our insurance that we might actually have an insurance we can really benefit from? Maybe I'm becoming too cynical. Please, do tell me what you think.
I did notice it says, available to eligible employees. Does this basically block out large groups of workers?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like programs aimed to lower their costs for those benefits. All those programs would lead to less claims.

Correct. Plenty to lower Fedex's costs. None to lower ours. Oh wait, unless you count the $400 credit you would get for filling out what is probably an invasive survey.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FYI, if you are getting your annual checkup and your doctor tells you that you are due for a colonoscopy, be careful. Anthem does NOT pay for a pre-colonoscopy consultation. According to them, some doctors charge for a consult and some don't. Ask first, or you WILL get stuck with the bill for the consult.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
View attachment 33511

These are prevention programs that FedEx would love to have you join because they lower costs to them. I have been pestered on the phone several times by these fine folks, who want you to not use your coverage if at all possible, thereby saving them even more money.

This is a total joke, because we basically have "benefits" that are incredibly expensive and thereby largely unusable for many employees.

CJinx

Yeah, the LifeWorks people are kind of annoying. You have to ask them to take your name off their list if you want them to stop calling.

By The Book

It is free to employees and dependents enrolled in a FedEx Medical Plan administered by Anthem or CIGNA.
The perception is the company is providing insurance to its employees, which they are. Is this helpful to all employees?, or is this an additional benefit that is only available to a select few who have this other coverage?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The perception is the company is providing insurance to its employees, which they are. Is this helpful to all employees?, or is this an additional benefit that is only available to a select few who have this other coverage?

I can't answer that because I have no idea whether the other Opcos even have coverage or through whom. I only know about Express.

It will be fine

Just wait until they start pushing opposite programs like weight gain and smoking promotion. Then you could say they were actively trying to kill off their older employees.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I think I received that one - can't be certain though, as anything I pull out of my mailbox that says 'FedEx' on it goes straight into the round file without being opened.

aaarenson

Hello! i REALLLLY hope that you can help me i came accross this forum from google. I have an interview at FedEx for a full-time position, one for fedex office retail associate and one for a production person in the warehouse, I am having a very hard tiem fidning a summary of their benefits online. All i would like to know is if they cover infertility and IVF? I would be highly appreciative if you could just look and let me know as i am switching from a job that DID cover infertility/IVF and im afraid to downgrade. my email is ****[/email]!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hello! i REALLLLY hope that you can help me i came accross this forum from google. I have an interview at FedEx for a full-time position, one for fedex office retail associate and one for a production person in the warehouse, I am having a very hard tiem fidning a summary of their benefits online. All i would like to know is if they cover infertility and IVF? I would be highly appreciative if you could just look and let me know as i am switching from a job that DID cover infertility/IVF and im afraid to downgrade. my email is ****[/email]!!!
Run

Hell

MAKAVELI

Testing and treatment is covered but IVF is not.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Benefits???...what few benefits remain in this pathetic excuse for a company are disappearing quicker than Frosty the Snowman on a mid-August afternoon in Death Valley.

I'm sorry, but honestly - heed Cactus' advice