Fedex buyouts get closer to reality

RTURNSONLY

[video]http://m.wmctv.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wmctv.com%2fs tory%2f20961468%2ffedex-buyouts-get-closer-to-reality[/video]

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The part that says "FedEx will also reveal which groups are being carved out, meaning which employees will not be able to buy out of their jobs" gives me a bad feeling about this.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but I've been groomed to be this way by Fred & Co. for quite some time now.

vantexan

The part that says "FedEx will also reveal which groups are being carved out, meaning which employees will not be able to buy out of their jobs" gives me a bad feeling about this.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but I've been groomed to be this way by Fred & Co. for quite some time now.

First I've heard about "organizational structure". On the plus side it says nothing will be finalized until after the buyout process is complete. The 3rd wave is in May 2014 so we have some time to get our ducks in a row in case something drastic happens.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It really doesn't sound like anyone who actually touches a package will be bought out, which is exactly what they have been saying from the beginning.

thedownhillEXPRESS

And did you catch the quote about some not being able to "buy out of their jobs"????
Does that mean not only are you not getting a buyout but you can not even "buy" your way out of Fedex?

Poorly written article

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like they've already got the people committed to the buyout who they are offering it to.

Manager Wants Buyout

The memo part clearly appears to be a document from the heads of Services. It states that senior officers will share information. What other divisions are in Services other than Office? Maybe this is a great sign for the masses ready to leave. Appreciate any responses!!!!

You can expect to receive a series of email communications starting Wednesday morning. As part of those communications, your senior officer will share specific information about the future direction of your division. Please note that it will not contain detailed organization charts or position information below the director level. The goal is to explain, at a high level, the most significant organizational realignments we plan to make in the months following the voluntary buyout process. A series of cross-functional teams continue to work on plans for our future structure below the director level. Those details cannot be finalized until after the voluntary buyout process is complete.

A

Amigonnamakeit

I got a vibe from a mgr. today about some sort of re-structuring.
We were told recently that we would not recognize the Express side in 18-24 months. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Just more vague statements.

sweetp

Customer Service is also a of division of Services...I personally think alot of buyouts will be offered here..The newer customer service reps work for a Vendor ,not for fedex. I am sure they get paid alot less. Customer service used to only be fedex employees. But now half of the fedex call centers are vendor locations.

Manager Wants Buyout

It seems very obvious couriers won't get a buyout and there's one very simple reason: YOU ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING FOR THE COMPANY. YOU PICK UP A BOX AND YOU MOVE IT SOMEWHERE AND THE COMPANY GETS MONEY. There are tens of thousands that do nothing that need to go. They get to sit around for years screwing off while you work like a dog and they are rewarded by being paid to leave. It's a cruel joke. It's my opinion. I hope I'm wrong.
It really doesn't sound like anyone who actually touches a package will be bought out, which is exactly what they have been saying from the beginning.

hypo hanna

Yep. IMO, The folks who will get buyouts will managers, support staff mostly in Memphis, sales people and computer techs -programmers. The only front line people who will get offers IMO will be Kinkos related employees. They over built the number of store fronts and now they will have to pull back.
Drivers have as much chance of getting an offer as they would winning the lottery. I wish I was wrong on that but that's the reality.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Drivers have as much chance of getting an offer as they would winning the lottery. I wish I was wrong on that but that's the reality.
so true...however, on a positive note, the chances for drivers to get unceremoniously booted out the door for any and every BS infraction shall rise exponentially. "I'm sorry, Hanna, in the past 12 months you failed to cross a 'T' once and dot an 'I' twice, not to mention that van scan you missed a few years ago...tut tut. We're still reeling from that one. This sort of incompetence simply can no longer be tolerated. Thanks for your 25+ years of blood sweat and tears, but quite frankly we have determined your continued employment with the firm to be too much of a liability. Don't forget to turn in your uniforms before the door hits you in the ***** on your way out."