FedEx CIO Robert Carter Pay Hikes 80%

Glorifiedpackmule

All opcos matter. Kinkos employees making 7.50 an hour matter. Ground "helpers" making 11.00 an hour matter. Express Couriers and CSAs making 14.50 an hour matter. This company is bringing in cash hand over fist. I'm just glad it's all going to the right places! Hooray!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because the other opcos combined don't matter, right?

Is that what they told you to say? I don't care which opco he works for...his pay is excessive. Nobody in any of the opcos is compensated fairly at the hourly level. I would imagine that the same scenario at Express plays out at the other divisions as well.

Glorifiedpackmule

Is that what they told you to say? I don't care which opco he works for...his pay is excessive. Nobody in any of the opcos is compensated fairly at the hourly level. I would imagine that the same scenario at Express plays out at the other divisions as well.

Did you not receive your 80% pay increase last March?? I didn't either. Fred gave me a 3% bump. I was thankful for it! It helped to almost offset the insurance premium increase that the company blessed us with! He also took away that silly split shift premium I had been using to keep my water turned on. Good times...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Let's see how 59 Dano and FEDEX4LIFE try to justify this. I suppose the two of them will team up to wax Carter's limo this weekend.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

He's the CIO for the entire FEC. I don't care how much he makes. It's not like I'd turn down that kind of money or would advise anyone else to do so.

59 Dano

Let's see how 59 Dano and FEDEX4LIFE try to justify this. I suppose the two of them will team up to wax Carter's limo this weekend.

If you're in any position to accurately and objectively determine how much his pay should be, what's holding you back? I mean, if anyone knows how much a corporate CIO should make, it's you and me. Right?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you're in any position to accurately and objectively determine how much his pay should be, what's holding you back? I mean, if anyone knows how much a corporate CIO should make, it's you and me. Right?
I don't care if he's the CIO for the whole universe. That kind of pay increase is an insult to all FedEx employees. This company is trying to cram this "we're poverty stricken" scenario down the throats of each and every hourly employee and Carter gets treated like royalty. Go ahead and like it if you want. You're too ignorant to ever know any better.

59 Dano

I don't care if he's the CIO for the whole universe. That kind of pay increase is an insult to all FedEx employees. This company is trying to cram this "we're poverty stricken" scenario down the throats of each and every hourly employee and Carter gets treated like royalty. Go ahead and like it if you want. You're too ignorant to ever know any better.

Well if you're what passes for intelligent, all I can say is that intelligence is very overrated. Tell us how much he should be paid.

vantexan

Well if you're what passes for intelligent, all I can say is that intelligence is very overrated. Tell us how much he should be paid.

How about 20 times what an average hourly employee makes? Very generous, and if they want more they have to pay hourlies more. The company, and other corporations, are very good about lobbying Congress. Maybe that's the route we should go, lobbying Congress to set the pay of corporate exec's of publicly traded companies at certain levels. Oh wait, we don't have any clout with Congress. Sounds like the duty of political parties who claim to represent the working man. Tell Congress if they don't regulate exec pay to reasonable levels in relation to employee pay then we'll vote them out. Scoff if you like, executive compensation in the U.S. is way out of line with the rest of the world and I'm not seeing performance that justifies the disparity.

CJinx

As much as I agree with you that company officer salaries are outrageous, I don't see congress having the authority to regulate how much a company decides to compensate their CEO with.