Fedex Complaints pouring in... .....lol

Goldilocks

This is the second ground driver that has screwd up. First on signs my name on a direct sig required pkg now this one pod my pkg 20 min before del.

bbsam

Staff member
This is the second ground driver that has screwd up. First on signs my name on a direct sig required pkg now this one pod my pkg 20 min before del.
We invite you to be the customer we all loathe...if you can stand customer service that is.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Also possible that he forgot to "stop complete" until he was at his next stop.

I don't know about ground but, I'm pretty sure at express, the time stamp is the time the (first) bar code gets scanned.

That way, if you have a 100 piece bulk due at 1030, as long as the first pkg. got scanned at 1029 or even 1030, the remaining that will take another 10-15 mins. to scan will all show del'd at 1029 or 1030. Regardless of what time you "close" the del.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
And, don't forget the time I had a ground driver forge my signature for a laptop delivery by calling me and asking if he could do it. He even typed in my name as signing for it.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know about ground but, I'm pretty sure at express, the time stamp is the time the (first) bar code gets scanned.

That way, if you have a 100 piece bulk due at 1030, as long as the first pkg. got scanned at 1029 or even 1030, the remaining that will take another 10-15 mins. to scan will all show del'd at 1029 or 1030. Regardless of what time you "close" the del.
Not sure. I know for pickups it's the close time.

soc151

Maybe for Ground it's both but either the first scan or the last has to be within the pickup window.

Is that new? I've always been told that as long as the pickup is opened within the window, it doesn't matter what time it's closed. I've waited quite a few times for a customer to finish up that last "5 more minutes" package, scanned it outside the close time, and never showed up on the late report. I haven't done it in awhile though...my idea of 5 minutes, and the customer's, usually do not match.