FedEx donates $2.5M for Liberty Bowl scoreboard .

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx fulfills Purple promises.... Just not to its employees. FedEx donates $2.5M for Liberty Bowl scoreboard - Memphis Business Journal

Of course, the money could have been divvied up among the hourlies, who would only complain about it if the comments here are indicative of the attitudes of the company as a whole. They complain about the FPP, and had this money been distributed to the hourlies it would have probably amounted to less than the usual FPP amount.

Advertising costs money.

Glorifiedpackmule

Hope you can make it out to Memphis to see it sometime. I'm sure it'll be great. You can be proud that at some point... along with the rest of us... You sweat your a** off for that scoreboarrd. Scoreboards are important!

Of course, the money could have been divvied up among the hourlies, who would only complain about it if the comments here are indicative of the attitudes of the company as a whole. They complain about the FPP, and had this money been distributed to the hourlies it would have probably amounted to less than the usual FPP amount.

Advertising costs money.

So do quality employees...You may have a dim view of the people that have actual contact with our customers, but if we continue to pay them poorly, your customer service WILL suffer!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The level of customer service that you provide should not be based on the size of your paycheck.

Empirical evidence does not support this statement.

Corporations don't conform to this - My Choice customers who pay the $40 annual fee get a better level of customer service.

CJinx

It's a work ethic thing. I don't feel that it is right to do a half-ass job if I don't feel like I'm being compensated properly. You can always walk. I do my job to the best of my ability because that's how I was raised. I don't want to put the idea in my boss's head that he can find someone better (because he can't, lol).

However, it is annual review time. Hoping for a decent merit increase. :)

59 Dano

To the whiners~

Advertising costs money. Had they not paid for the scoreboard, they would have spent the money on print, electronic, and TV ads. If the money had been divided up among the hourlies you would be raising hell about how little of it went to you. There's whining here about FPP. Why wouldn't there be whining about this?

vantexan

To the whiners~

Advertising costs money. Had they not paid for the scoreboard, they would have spent the money on print, electronic, and TV ads. If the money had been divided up among the hourlies you would be raising hell about how little of it went to you. There's whining here about FPP. Why wouldn't there be whining about this?

They'd spend money on advertising anyways. Buying a scoreboard in Memphis is about keeping on the right side of good ol'boy politics. And yes, I lived in Memphis for 3 years. Repeat after me: FedEx doesn't do anything for nothing! It's practically a law of physics by now.

vantexan

It's a work ethic thing. I don't feel that it is right to do a half-ass job if I don't feel like I'm being compensated properly. You can always walk. I do my job to the best of my ability because that's how I was raised. I don't want to put the idea in my boss's head that he can find someone better (because he can't, lol).

However, it is annual review time. Hoping for a decent merit increase. :)

Guess you haven't heard. Your raise is no longer based on your review score. There isn't even a review score anymore.

SmithBarney

Guess you haven't heard. Your raise is no longer based on your review score. There isn't even a review score anymore.

shhh don't tell him. It'd really suck to find out his colleagues got a bigger raise than him, all because they started a few years earlier, not because they perform.

59 Dano

They'd spend money on advertising anyways. Buying a scoreboard in Memphis is about keeping on the right side of good ol'boy politics. And yes, I lived in Memphis for 3 years. Repeat after me: FedEx doesn't do anything for nothing! It's practically a law of physics by now.

Of course they didn't do it for nothing. The FedEx logo will be featured prominently. Just like it is on the arena and football field they purchased the naming rights to, and just like it is at every NFL stadium when they give you the FedEx NFL air and ground stats of the game. And the NASCAR car. And the golf tournament.

Three years in Memphis? I guess that makes you an expert.

vantexan

Of course they didn't do it for nothing. The FedEx logo will be featured prominently. Just like it is on the arena and football field they purchased the naming rights to, and just like it is at every NFL stadium when they give you the FedEx NFL air and ground stats of the game. And the NASCAR car. And the golf tournament.

Three years in Memphis? I guess that makes you an expert.

Enough to know about the behind the scenes wheeling and dealing. At what is it not about logos but about rich boys and their toys?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...or brand name recognition? I can't count how many times I have heard a customer say that they had to FedEx something overnight, not realizing we not only offer the same service but are slightly better at it.